Hey We ALL Have To Eat!!

Thread: Hey We ALL Have To Eat!!

Hey We ALL Have To Eat!!

Please don't bash on me for posting a recipe, I was going ask if I would get pounced for posting a recipe, but I thought taking my chances in a GENERAL POSTING area may get me in a little less trouble. This is a good "WINGS" recipe. I would suggest it to anyone bring a side dish to a BBQ this Fourth of July.... here it is...

Buffalo Wings

The key to good Buffalo Wings is how you prepare them as well as the ingredients and the handling of the wings. The most successful wings served up here in Buffalo are what they call "Grade A Grinders." Fresh wings that are very large and meaty. Usually, you cannot get them in a frozen package, but can get them from a poultry dealer. Once you find them make sure they are absolutely fresh. Wash them in cold water, split them at the joint and remove the tips. Place them on a rack on a pan and refrigerate overnight to let the blood and water drain out of the wings. THIS IS A REAL KEY. Drying the wings under refrigeration will help to make them a much crispier product, once deep fried. Next, use a deep fryer or a very heavy deep pot with a thermometer and add the oil. Peanut oil is very good.

6 tbs (3 oz.) of FRANK'S Louisiana Hot Sauce (now Durkee's)

1/2 stick of margarine (not butter!)

1 tbs of white vinegar

1/8 tsp of celery seed

1/8-1/4 tsp of Cayenne pepper

1/4 tsp of red pepper

1/8 tsp of garlic salt

dash of black pepper

1/4 tsp of Worcestershire Sauce

1-2 tsp of Tabasco Sauce

Mix all the ingredients in a small sauce pan over low heat until the margarine is completely melted. Stir occasionally. Adjust the Cayenne and red pepper to suite your personal taste.

This makes enough for about 30 "wingettes"

The Wings:

Fry the wings in a deep fryer set at 375 degrees F., using vegetable or peanut oil. I fry 15 wings at a time for 12-15 minutes.

Drain the wings for a few minutes then put them in a bowl. After all the wings have been fried, pour the sauce over them, cover the bowl, and shake to completely coat the wings.

They can be eaten now, or you can put them on a baking sheet and bake them for a few minutes to get an extra-crispy coating.

Serve with carrot and celery sticks, Marie's Bleu Cheese Dressing, and cold beer.

Note: It is supposed to be the REAL Buffalo Wing recipe from the Anchor Bar in Buffalo, New York.

I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.