Fake News "Exploit"

Thread: Fake News "Exploit"

Fake News "Exploit"

Disclamer:
    For educational use only.
    I can not be held responsible for any actions you perform after reading this.

Not sure if this is known or not, the vendor doesnt seem to know, or atleast they havent stopped it.

Apparently a certain website (TechTV.com) has an area where users can post their own "news." I assume this is password protected somewhere, and given only to trusted users, but that is easily circumvented.

Lets take writer "JazyBones" area for example. All of his past articles are stored at http://www.techtvfansite.com/jazybones/cgi-bin/records/

In order for someone to write their own, all they have to do is cut off the /cgi-bin and /records.
    http://www.techtvfansite.com/jazybones will give the fake author full rights to write under the "JazyBones" name. The article is then given a webpage address and posted for the public to see. It is unregulated, and that fake author then gives the webpage address to his friends and it passes like the plague.

This creates the possibility of rumors and generally unwanted fake news blurbs, such as
    http://www.techtvfansite.com/jazybon...,07,38,04.html a rather well written "Tool Singer Maynard killed" fake.

Moral: Be wary of any news article coming from an address that contrain techtvfansite.com

~DreamWeaver~

Banned
    Another place where people can make their own news and pass it off as real news from various newsgroups is www.fakednews.com

I made one a while ago, used it to impress some friends, but in the end they found out it was fake.

Ah then lets then ask what is real news? Is It ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN etc? Thing is that every major so called main stream "NEWS" has been taken in by a bogus story even before the WEB, this made it real simple. Then again all thes ligit NEWS people then play the game and have as they have always done put their own twist on current events and we place value in those from well we trust this or that News person that now days is more of a celebreaty then an reporter. A reporter does just that relays the facts, not a numbers rating game but then the networks and even here supscribe big bucks to what Nelsion and their reviews I read lots of stuiff from them but who the hell are they and who are their people? No matter is what Corp that 1% of wealth feed to us all as news. What true objective reporting is there of current events? NONE were are in security mode..the biggest excuse in history has always been we are here protecting you from them....OK..I wanna know who they are without you telling or defining them for me. Yahooooo Americans hate no one we only try our best to elect people that now need 100 million to be our leaders to say you are bad guys..I stand up and say I do not believe them. Go on blow me up I'm no one though I may be used as an excuse to condem you by people I do not know but may have voted for..well we had to vote for someone at least I voted and all of you that bitch..biggest bitch of all is a vote.
    I believe that one of the characteristics of the human race - possibly the one that is primarily responsible for its course of evolution - is that it has grown by creatively responding to failure.- Glen Seaborg

Maybe im out of the loop.. but.. uh.. wtf?

This had nothing to do with a statement of americas politics. If i didnt get it clear, then here:

Some idiot can go to that webpage, and make stuff up on purpose. He then sends it to his friends and a rumor starts. Be wary.

Is that better? I dont know wtf you were talking about with that rant bud =]

~DW~

WTF real s-i-m-p-l-e, define who says it is news and what value and creditability they have to say it is news. Has nothing to do with /america...just who we are as oppsed to whom any culture is as defined by so called MEDIA. Exploit away point is what vale is the in the exploit beyond bragging rights or network ratings. DreamWeaver weave away are things called Dream Catchers..weave a dream or catch it question is if you do what will you do with it??? Bank it or make the world better? So WTF tell me?????
    I believe that one of the characteristics of the human race - possibly the one that is primarily responsible for its course of evolution - is that it has grown by creatively responding to failure.- Glen Seaborg

WTF real s-i-m-p-l-e, define who says it is news
    Dictionary.com does a good job:

Information about recent events or happenings, especially as reported by newspapers, periodicals, radio, or television.

and what value and creditability they have to say it is news.
    Considering most people spend years in college studying journalism, id say more qualified than You or I.

Has nothing to do with /america...just who we are as oppsed to whom any culture is as defined by so called MEDIA. Exploit away point is what vale is the in the exploit beyond bragging rights or network ratings.
    I think you're.. high..

DreamWeaver weave away are things called Dream Catchers..weave a dream or catch it question is if you do what will you do with it???
    Suspicion confirmed.

Have a nice night,
    ~DW~