Proxy log analyzer

Thread: Proxy log analyzer

Proxy log analyzer

I was wondering if anyone could reccomend a decent proxy log analyzer. I've don the searches and tried a few but I want an experienced opinion. I'm currently using PLA (Proxy Log Analyzer) and was curious if there was anything better that anyone else had tried. All suggestions welcome. Thanks.

the eeshman

For which proxies?

Personally, for a small site, a quick anti-ignorance script is pretty easy to come up with and tune as time goes on.
    \"Windows has detected that a gnat has farted in the general vicinity. You must reboot for changes to take affect. Reboot now?\"

Might want to look at web trends, they have alot of log file analyzers that can give neat graphs on usage and stuff like that. I am assuming that the proxy server you have would be logging the information to a file that web trends could read. Just be prepared to have them call you if you register for a trial download
    There is only one constant, one universal, it is the only real truth: causality. Action. Reaction. Cause and effect...There is no escape from it, we are forever slaves to it. Our only hope, our only peace is to understand it, to understand the 'why'. 'Why' is what separates us from them, you from me. 'Why' is the only real social power, without it you are powerless.

(Merovingian - Matrix Reloaded)

-draziw What exactly did yo mean by anti-ignorance script? I can't say that I've encountered anything like that. And for the site, I have a 3500 user network and searching through a 100MB text log file is a pain. Just trying to automate things a bit.

-Nebulus200 I take it from your post that webtrends offers a free trial. I'll download it anyway, but do you by chance know how long the trial lasts before I have to pay for it?

Thanks.

-the eeshman

If memory servers, the trial version is like 30 days or something. Be careful to read all the descriptions about what each product does however, they have alot of them and they do different things.

Neb
    There is only one constant, one universal, it is the only real truth: causality. Action. Reaction. Cause and effect...There is no escape from it, we are forever slaves to it. Our only hope, our only peace is to understand it, to understand the 'why'. 'Why' is what separates us from them, you from me. 'Why' is the only real social power, without it you are powerless.

(Merovingian - Matrix Reloaded)