2600 DoS'ed off net indefinetly.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2600 DoS'ed off net indefinetly.

Webius Designerous Indiginous

2600 DoS'ed off net indefinetly.

The 2600 IRC server was DoS'ed off the net indefinetly. For more details see Here.

Banned
    Thanks for the link, I find the news pleasing and amusing. Funny cuz soo many people on the 2600 community believe they are 1337.

if you read the article, its not actually the fact that they were DoS'd which has taken them off the net, its the reluctance of the provider to work towards a solution, so they just disconnected them... so it really has nothing to do with them being '1337', even AO could be taken offline that way.... *not suggesting anything JP.. *
    -Matty_Cross
    \"Isn\'t sanity just a one trick pony anyway? I mean, all you get is one trick. Rational Thinking.
    But when you\'re good and crazy, hehe, the skies the limit!!\"

Banned
    Yeah, I just read it. What a lame provider, must have been a cheap one though. had it been a good quality provider they would have probably placed filters in place, or switched IPs or something. I wonder who they were using.

Bout time it happened. :P
    "Never give in-never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in to convictions of honor and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy!" - Winston Churchill

Originally posted here by khakisrule
    Yeah, I just read it. What a lame provider, must have been a cheap one though. had it been a good quality provider they would have probably placed filters in place, or switched IPs or something. I wonder who they were using.
    It has nothing to do with providers etc.
    even the best in Europe like Thus PLC's Demon Internet get DDOS offline pretty badly.
    Once it starts there is nothing you can do, it can take hours to stop the attack.
    Alldas in Germany had switched hundreds of times from top of the line high priced providers until they gave up for some time.

I may or may not agree with 2600 on many things but what is going on with them still is wrong. To DDos them is and never will be right. This entire space the Web was created for the free exchange of information and ideas. It is bad enough that commerical or dot com's are attempting to make all of this their little copyrighted code, DMCA world, nope someone or some people get a hair up their ass and DDos them. Agree to disagree communicate that in a clear way. You have something against 2600 tell them or avoid their site you have the free choice, do not impeed other peoples choices and think a DDos is so powerful and great, in fact it shows a total lack of individual creative thinking. DDos as become a fad wow
    I believe that one of the characteristics of the human race - possibly the one that is primarily responsible for its course of evolution - is that it has grown by creatively responding to failure.- Glen Seaborg

I find this to be funny. It is sad in a way though. I loved to see the posts the Kiddies had....LOL

You could always keep up with what they where up to because they just "had" to brag about it..... <grin>
    The COOKIE TUX lives!!!!
    Windows NT crashed,I am the Blue Screen of Death.
    No one hears your screams.

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    I find the news pleasing and amusing. Funny cuz soo many people on the 2600 community believe they are 1337.
    Yet the were taken down by something that any moron could do. I bet I could get my dog to launch a DoS attack..... and I bet the person/people who did it are talking about how l337 they are now.
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

The problem for sites like 2600 and AO is that they are often seen as a nuisance by providers because of the attention they receive from lame kiddies trying out the latest DDoS scripts that they've downloaded. A lot of providers will simply disconnect the victim sites rather than bother with the problem, and this seems to be partly the case with 2600. It's a shame, but from the provider's point of view it's often easier (and, more importantly, cheaper) to get rid of a problem than to deal with it.
    Paul Waring - Web site design and development.