Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Chickens vs. Humans

If animals are not meant to be eaten why are they made of meat??
    Also animals do have rights they have the right to be eaten with your choice of potato.
    Gun Control is Being Able to Hit Your Target

Ducks are soooo much better than chickens, though. But I think its crazy to compare humans to fowl feathered f***s.

What the hell is wrong with that woman?!?!?!?! She is a pyscho! I'm fully with RogueSpy, what is she doing comparing chickens deaths to 9-11?! What BS is that. I think too many chickens plucked her on the head.
    How the hell could she say this? Chickens lives more valuable then humans because they're defenseless or something? She must be a nut. Some people need SERIOUS help.
    She crossed the damn line. I have nothing against vegtarians... But what a nut. I do have something against her and people that think the same way. She can just get the hell out this country! She's no vegetarian, she's an idiot. I suggest she gets some sort of help. She lost her mind. If I ever get a picture of her i'm gunna edit it and put it here.
    In an 'open letter' to Vegan Voice, a publication for vegetarians, Karen Davis of United Poultry Concerns, wrote "In conclusion, I think it is speciesist to think that the September 11 attack on the World Trade Center was a greater tragedy than what millions of chickens endured that day and what they endure every day because they cannot defend themselves against the concerted human appetites arrayed against them."
    She's a nut. Is she saying our food is more valuable than fellow humans? COME ON! Is this some kind of a sick joke? If so, it is indeed the sickest.
    GET HELP!

*calms down* I needed to get that out. *takes breath* Much better...

Excuse me if I went a little crazy, but 9-11 is something I will never forget, I remember exactly what happened that day, and for her to say chickens are more important, that's just ludacris.
    [gloworange]Die, or surrender, either way won\'t work.[/gloworange]
    [shadow]HuntX7[/shadow]

speaking as an ethical vegatarian....this lady has lost her mind!
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

How is one an ethical vegatarian? Really there were tons of studues in the late 70's early 80's done where plants seem to resopond with human interacion via a galvatonic response. Studies seem to suggest plants were aware also and responded..humm. Anyway there were also pet rocks back then so who can say. So just asking
    I believe that one of the characteristics of the human race - possibly the one that is primarily responsible for its course of evolution - is that it has grown by creatively responding to failure.- Glen Seaborg

Banned
    i'm not even going to comment on this article

my e-mail to her:
    ---------------------------------
    Dear Karen,
    You are the most ignorant person I have ever heard of. Comparing 3,000 working people's lives to chickens. May God take pity on your worthless soul. I can't believe you would have the odasity to say such a thing. I hope everyday of your life is worst than the next. I am in awe of your carelessness.

Sincerely,
    Bobby

That's one person I don't want to be stuck in a conversation with. Just as a branch-off-topic IMO there is a sort of philosophy out there that people are worse than animals. Then they launch into a People Do/Animals Don't list of things like murder, rape, torture, organized warfare, infanticide, etc. which all DO take place in the 'natural' world...

I think the hidden ego boost behind that kind of philosophy is the "Well, *I'm* smart enough to know that people are evil. And this makes people special."

Back to the topic, I think it is a rediculous analogy and in bad taste. While it is true that many animal-husbandry methods today more resemble husbandry where the husband is a wife beater, I just find the idea expressed in the letter to be strangely warped-seeming.
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

Originally posted here by [pHA]XeNoCiDe
    i'm not even going to comment on this article

my e-mail to her:
    ---------------------------------
    Dear Karen,
    You are the most ignorant person I have ever heard of. Comparing 3,000 working people's lives to chickens. May God take pity on your worthless soul. I can't believe you would have the odasity to say such a thing. I hope everyday of your life is worst than the next. I am in awe of your carelessness.

Sincerely,
    Bobby
    LOL. Lets all give w00t for Bobby!
    w0000000000t!
    Well said, I should e-mail her. But she's gunna end up sending me pictures of chickens and talking about worthless crap.
    [gloworange]Die, or surrender, either way won\'t work.[/gloworange]
    [shadow]HuntX7[/shadow]

I thought for some reason I was going to find out whats really in a chicken nugget
    <chucks another one in his mouth>

I remember as a kid seeing a neighbor chop off a chickens head and watching it run around headless. I laughed my arse off, and felt horrible for it.
    Integrity...loyalty.....and the willingness to make a better world for us all.

How is one an ethical vegatarian? Really there were tons of studues in the late 70's early 80's done where plants seem to resopond with human interacion via a galvatonic response. Studies seem to suggest plants were aware also and responded..humm. Anyway there were also pet rocks back then so who can say. So just asking

hehe...made me remember one of my favorite songs....

by the Arrogant Worms...

http://www.arrogant-worms.com/

(they are hilarious... )

Listen up brothers and sisters
    Come here my desperate tale
    I speak of our friends of nature
    Trapped in the dirt like a jail
    Vegtables live in oppression
    Served on out tables each night
    This killing of veggies is madness
    I say we take up the fight
    Salads are only for murderers
    Cole Slaw's a fascist regime
    Don't think that they don't have feelings
    Just cause a radish can't scream

Chorus:
    I've heard the screams of the vegtables
    Watching theirs skins being peeled
    Grated and steamed with no mercy..
    How do you think that feels?
    Carrot juice constitutes muder..
    Greenhouses prisons for slaves
    It's time to stop all this gardening
    Let's call a spade a spade.

I saw a man eating celery
    So I beat him black and blue
    If he ever touches a sprout again
    I'll bite him clean in two
    I'm a political prisoner
    Trapped in a windowless cage
    Cause I stopped the slaughter of turnips
    By killing five men in a rage
    I told the judge when he sentenced me
    This is my finest hour..
    I'd kill those farmers again
    Just to save one more cauliflower

How low as people do we dare to stoop
    Making our brocolies bleed in the soup?
    Untie your beans,
    Uncage your tomatoes
    Let potted plants free,
    Don't mash that potato!
    (Spare the spud, eat a cow instead!)

Is a spade is a spade is a spade
    Is a spade...
    I used to be With IT. But then they changed what IT was. Now what I'm with isn't IT, and what's IT seems scary and weird." - Abe Simpson