View Poll Results: Immature Thing To Do?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • The anonymous person is a Jak Az

2 66.67%
  • FakeBoy deserved it...

1 33.33%

Thread: Intel Plots to Overthrow M$

Lightbulb Intel Plots to Overthrow M$

This article is from Zdnet.

Intel Plots to Overthrow Microsoft

Is Intel plotting to promote alternative operating systems instead of Windows?
    I can't prove it. But if you examine the evidence, it's easy to conclude that 1) Intel is up to something and 2) if it isn't scheming against Microsoft... maybe it should be.

Consider these recent events:

Intel invests in Linux, enemy No. 1 of Windows NT. Click here for more.

Researchers at Intel Architecture Labs develop a chip that runs Java.

Intel cuts a deal with Microsoft archenemy RealNetworks for streaming media. Click here for more.

Intel sent engineers to Be headquarters to assist with the port of BeOS to Intel.

Andy Grove opened his speech at Agenda with a demo of BeOS.

When I connect these dots, I conclude that Intel is preparing alternatives to Windows just in case. Clearly, Intel has become over-reliant on Microsoft -- a mistake that has cost the company dearly. Consider:

Microsoft is not doing its job in the interface arena. What's the number one reason computers still aren't mainstream? They're too hard to use. Who's in charge of the interface? Microsoft.

Microsoft is not doing its job in the consumer arena. Windows 98 should really be called Windows 95.1 for all the progress it represents. On top of that, Microsoft is about to abandon the Windows 98 family and switch everybody to NT (Windows 2000). That will lead to confusion and delayed purchases.

Microsoft is not doing its job in the embedded space. Embedded systems (handhelds, smart phones, smart appliances, smart cars, smart homes) will soon be a bigger business than PCs. Microsoft continues to fail in its efforts to create a world-class OS for this space.

Microsoft is not doing its job in the server arena. Windows 2000 (NT 5.0) is key to selling more high-end servers. It's late. Way late.

Microsoft is not doing its job in R&D. It has failed to develop breakthrough applications that drive new computer sales.

Microsoft is working with Intel rivals. It has developed operating systems for chips from companies such as Compaq/Digital, Matsushita and others.

Microsoft is a conniving partner. Just read the recent testimony from Intel in the antitrust case. Click here for more.

Imagine, for just a moment, a $900 PC with two Intel chips. Sporting the elegant Be operating system in all its multimedia glory. Wouldn't that set the market on end? And spur sales of Intel chips?

Intel may be the only company on the planet with enough money, smarts and influence to derail Microsoft. And Intel may be working to do just that. Soon.

Thumbs up

Intel Plots to Overthrow Microsoft

To be honest with you remote access I really hope this happens. It would be nice to see
    someone else on top. Excellent thread You got my (+) antipoints!

I wish they would try to. We need somone else in the world besides M$. I just hope they dont have as many holes in their software as M$ does. Its bad when you have to patch a Patch. heh.
    "Never give in-never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in to convictions of honor and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy!" - Winston Churchill

Excellent points and add to this also that 2/3 of M$ largest business users are saying no way to their new license plan. Software assurance the right to upgrade every two years paid in advance, and what quality and control will their EULA's give business users then, the right for M$ to get on my network and check for digital rights and change my systems settings?
    I believe that one of the characteristics of the human race - possibly the one that is primarily responsible for its course of evolution - is that it has grown by creatively responding to failure.- Glen Seaborg

Well, as a matter of fact. . . . every time you connect to the internet. . . im sure M$ is recieving info from ur system. So. . . . . hmmm. Let me think on this a little longer.
    "Never give in-never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in to convictions of honor and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy!" - Winston Churchill

Have you noticed how Bill Gates seems to be only delaying the antitrust cases? I'm sure by the time he's done delaying this mess, if he's still on top, he'll be glad to pay those fines. In my opinion, he knows its a possibility the majority of users will switch to *nix. The GUIs in most commercially available flavors of Linux are pretty intuitive.

*Crosses Finger's*

- Noia
    With all the subtlety of an artillery barrage / Follow blindly, for the true path is sketchy at best. .:Bring OS X to x86!:.
    Og ingen kan minnast dei linne drag i dronningas andlet den fagre dag Då landet her kvilte i heilag fred og alle hadde kjærleik å elske med.

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    It's all a big consipiracy. Intel is trying to take over one section of the market. MS is going to take over another section. They are going to pretend to be fighting until each of them ownz 1/2 of the world. Then the truth will come out and we will find out that Martha Stewart actually owns both Microsoft and Intel. Or is it JP?????)
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman