Thread: URL-encoding in quotes.

URL-encoding in quotes.

Looks like there's a small bug with the way URL encoding works in quotes/replies...

This post was created with the check boxes and the "quote checked" button (I expect that the button's the pertinent part of the post). Part of the original quote had a "name>" in it... after I posted, I noticed that the greater-than symbol had been translated in to its HTML-equivalent, ampersand-g-t-semicolon (>) inside the quote... not quite correct.
    \"Windows has detected that a gnat has farted in the general vicinity. You must reboot for changes to take affect. Reboot now?\"

The Iceman Cometh
    I seem to remember something being posted about this before (I can't seem to find it in the archives, though). I'm not sure if it was ever fixed or if this is a recurrence of a problem that was fixed. I just noticed the same thing as well and was about to make a post about it when I saw your post. Nice quick response. :-)

AJ

Re: URL-encoding in quotes.

Originally posted here by draziw
    Looks like there's a small bug with the way URL encoding works in quotes/replies...

http://www.antionline.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=543227&t=6922#post543227"]This post[/URL] was created with the check boxes and the "quote checked" button (I expect that the button's the pertinent part of the post). Part of the original quote had a "name>" in it... after I posted, I noticed that the greater-than symbol had been translated in to its HTML-equivalent, ampersand-g-t-semicolon (&gt inside the quote... not quite correct.
    This is just a confirmation... this is the "quote checked" button. The "post reply" button doesn't do this...

For your reference, in case you (JP) want to look at it by playing with this post... the trigger text would be like "blah>" (though the quotes don't matter, etc).
    \"Windows has detected that a gnat has farted in the general vicinity. You must reboot for changes to take affect. Reboot now?\"