News: Hacker Penetrates NASA

Thread: News: Hacker Penetrates NASA

News: Hacker Penetrates NASA

hacker penetrates NASA ...read the details here
    http://www.blackcode.com/news/view.php?id=268

Hi mom!
    Analyzer just went to jail, right?
    I wish to express my gratitude to the people of Italy. Thank you for inventing pizza.

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    Yeah, Analyzer is in jail. He was in Israel anyway, not poland.

Maybe I just looked to fast, but I didn't see where it said when the penetration occured. It just said they were examining a box that "may" have been used. Or did I net read it correctly?
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

I didn't see it either. It prob. happened years ago & they are just now finding out. lol.
    "Never give in-never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in to convictions of honor and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy!" - Winston Churchill

"causing damage reportedly estimated at $1 million. " ...what these people didn't have backups? or is this reflecting the project's total cost. I'm sure I'm missing a good part of the picture here. It feels like I'm looking at a 5min cartoon sketch of the Mona Lisa. That article may have gotten a few of the points across, but a lot is missing from the big picture.

probably they are just exaggerating AGAIN.. or maybe not..
    coz the things they have to spend on if they have hacking incidents are:

1) Checking for damages
    2) Backing Up files
    3) Re-newing Security Settings

which all cost..

I could see them spending 1 million on this....considering after processing all the paperwork and if you calculate it out, 1 roll of toilet paper for the government costs about $1,000.00.
    Os1LaYr5

Ahh soo,

Good point s0nIc, I see you have more on the ball than just a cool avatar!

ya your all right.I bet they put in the cost of everything they could.I can't beleave that NASA would not be on top of such things as intrusion detection, back-up and recovery...but what can you say...... the goverment is just now really cracking down on computer crimes(DDOS,web site craking).I know that when the Computer Information act was devised they had now Idea what was going to happen 15-20 years later.If you think about we are using computers that are more powerfull then they use to send rockets to space when This was all thought up.