Thread: Need Good Firewall

Need Good Firewall

Hi in my computer I need a new firewall that is good. Ive never had a firewall so i dont know wich one is good. So can you guys suggest a good firewall for me? It would be very helpful.

Thanks for your help.
    [glowpurple]LilDraganon the power of the @[/glowpurple]
    [glowpurple]I am the one who trains like a maniac to have the power to force his opponent body into the shape of a pretzel and gently pin him down to the mat so his mommy can come and cuttle him![/glowpurple]

sygate www.sygate.com
    tiny www.tinysoftware.com
    outpost www.agnitum.com

To name a few software firewalls for windows.

What kind of firewall are you looking for?
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

Im looking for a good firewall easy to use. Im new at this so I don't know really. Which one you would suggest to me?
    [glowpurple]I am the one who trains like a maniac to have the power to force his opponent body into the shape of a pretzel and gently pin him down to the mat so his mommy can come and cuttle him![/glowpurple]

Are you using windows?

I'd recommend getting a lil' Linux/FreeBSD/OPENBSD box and making it a gatekeeper but for a newbie a software friewall should be adequate.

Start going down the list and read about them. See if they do what you want... It's a real personal choice but those three do work well.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

Ok thanks for your help

for a newbie to firewalls i suggest the free zone alarm- www.zonelabs.com
    it offers good protection, its simple and best of all its free. if you like that i suggest paying to upgrade to zonealarm pro or get mcafee firewall.

but for a newbie i suggest zonealarm

I used to swear by ZA, I like Sygate better now. . .

I think that ZoneAlarm is a good starting point for n00b135.

I recommend becoming confortable with this, then move on to a PFW that could be considered more beneficial from a security perspective.
    SoggyBottom.

[glowpurple]There were so many fewer questions when the stars where still just the holes to heaven - JJ[/glowpurple] [gloworange]I sure could use a vacation from this bull$hit, three ringed circus side show of freaks. - Tool. [/gloworange]

if you want a good firewall for free i would suggest zone alarm. Its kind of agitating asking you to leave ports open or closed but it works the best of all free fire walls in my opinion
    Join the White Hat universe!