bringing tutorials to IRC....Introducing IRC classes
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: bringing tutorials to IRC....Introducing IRC classes

Computer Forensics

bringing tutorials to IRC....Introducing IRC classes

Hello all,
    starting soon in irc.antionline.com, we will have classes that are interactive and educational. I am forming a new channel that will allow people from antionline to come in and teach a subject that they feel they are experienced enough in, to teach effectively to others. Topics can range from simple hardware installations, to programming, to web development, to security and all things related. Any possible 'classes' will be reviewed and approved by me.

Outline information of the class you intend to teach is required. A simple outline is all I would like. I am open to ideas right now, so send me anything that you think may be worthwhile for people to know(except hacking(sub7 trojan etc.)).

This is not meant to compete with the tutorials forum in any way, it is an merely an alternative to bring real time tutorials to people and to share our information.

If you wish to send me your outline, send it to me through PM here at AO, or in irc.antionline.com #antionline.

again, NO HACKING CLASSES. Only constructive ideas will be approved.

Thanks, hope to see you there soon.

-hogfly
    Antionline in a nutshell
    \"You\'re putting the fate of the world in the hands of a bunch of idiots I wouldn\'t trust with a potato gun\"

Trust your Technolust

This is a really good thing to do. CA/UN used to do this a lot, and had a whole group set aside for it, but I've not heard of any being offered recently. This is one of the best ways to really get people to understand hand-in-hand what's going on.

i think this is a great idea it will be very educational
    By the sacred **** of the sacred psychedelic tibetan yeti ....We\'ll smoke the chinese out
    The 20th century pharoes have the slaves demanding work
    http://muaythaiscotland.com/

Good idea. A bit like BSRF's idea perhaps? I'm sure they're not the only people who do it though....

Banned
    That is a pretty cool idea. Though it will be tough to organize I hope to attend a few. And I hope that this idea keeps going, I could really use some person to person help with some things. Cool idea though.

good idea hoggie... got any guesses as to what you are gonna teach first?
    Learn like you are going to live forever, live like you are going to die tomorrow.

Propoganda

Computer Forensics
    Lord: perhaps you misread, I am not necessarily the one teaching the subjects..... I am accepting outlines for people that want to teach
    Antionline in a nutshell
    \"You\'re putting the fate of the world in the hands of a bunch of idiots I wouldn\'t trust with a potato gun\"

Trust your Technolust

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    hogfly> You the new "dean" of students, and looking for a few good teachers. Next thing you know, we will have AO university.... "Earn your Degree, in our IRC"
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

Webius Designerous Indiginous
    We should get JP to add a feture to the calander to show when these classes are to take place. Click on the calander date indicating a class and see the outline for it. Make a lil icon of a paper or a scroll type thing indicating a class is going to take place on that day. Also add a title to the calander saying "Upcoming IRC Classes" or something. This way people will see the classes on the front page. If you like the idea and get this rolling, I'll leave it to you to take the idea to JP.
    x

Computer Forensics
    hrm, that does sound like a good idea, or we could have subscribers to this thread receive email notification of upcoming classes. I will run it by JP and see what he think...I don't want to put any more of a load on him than he already has with the site though.

******The sooner I get outlines, the sooner classes can begin.******** hint hint
    Antionline in a nutshell

Trust your Technolust