administrator somehow was change any help out there

Thread: administrator somehow was change any help out there

administrator somehow was change any help out there

after logging off my user the next try to logg on but it seems that somehow my user and admin password was change or erase...I don't have any kind of disk to recover. is there any way that I can log back in...the other user in my family can still log on to their but they are not admin privilage. please help or do I have to reinstall the whole thing again
    Share on Google+

If you have to ask, your solution is to reformat/reinstall.

(ie. this is too much like hacking to be posted here)
    \"Windows has detected that a gnat has farted in the general vicinity. You must reboot for changes to take affect. Reboot now?\"
    Share on Google+

Banned
    Are you talking about unix? Why not just back up your files an re-install. If you used your regular account like is advised with most *nix platforms, then you can backup your files and just reinstall.
    Share on Google+

if it is linux then at the command prompt where you can type what you want to boot up type "linux single". You can change password when you boot up. If it is windows search for a program that will break in or log in as another user.
    [gloworange]\"A hacker is someone who has a passion for technology, someone who is possessed by a desire to figure out how things work.\" [/gloworange]
    Share on Google+

This has been posted several times here...you should search before you ask....

although i'm the first to suspect ...i think we'll see alot more of this as people using xp home start saying...oh you mean i was supposed to remember the admin pwd???....

you can try this...since it's your family..and you have local access...RIGHT??!..this won't work unless you have physical access...

http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/

be warned...you can screw all sam accounts up with this and have no access at all....so backup first...

of course this is the best reason to closely monitor physical access to all boxes...it is a 5 minute job to defeat admin pwds....disable boot from a: or even remove the drive altogether...in a networked situation you don't need it...a: is a problem waiting to happen...i have a pile of them sitting in my closet...no one here has one anymore...
    I used to be With IT. But then they changed what IT was. Now what I'm with isn't IT, and what's IT seems scary and weird." - Abe Simpson
    Share on Google+

ok..thanks for the info...so if I reinstall xp , I can back up the files first so that way I wouldn't loose everything that we downloaded,right..
    Share on Google+

Banned
    NT Password & Registry Editor. Always Works For Me!
    Share on Google+