Thread: UMAX Scanner

UMAX Scanner

Hiya, I haven't been online for ages [or so it feels, checked my profile and it's about a week but hey...] and I'm getting severe withdrawals! BUT I have a query regarding scanners which is probably stupid but one of you might have some suggestions for me; basically I was recently given an old scanner [UMAX Astra 1220U] by someone who was upgrading, and although it worked relatively well until recently, he tells me he thinks it's broken. Although come to think of it I don't think either of us have tried yet...However, what was wrong with it before was that regardless of what you scanned and whether it was in colour or grayscale it always scanned images with 2 bars of yellow approx an inch each along the long sides of the machine. Obviously this is fine when the image is smaller than A4 [by about 2inches!] but as it's an A4 scanner I can't scan larger images unless I want to spend a couple of hours editing the images afterwards which is usually pointless. So; is this just because it's an old scanner that's probably been switched on for the last 2 years without reprieve, or might there be a really blatant solution? Ta for thy time one and all, hope someone knows what I'm talking about!

XXX
    The Owls Are Not What They Seem

heres a link to some info on it i dont know if this will help but here it is http://www.image-acquire.com/scanner...max1220u.shtml
    By the sacred **** of the sacred psychedelic tibetan yeti ....We\'ll smoke the chinese out
    The 20th century pharoes have the slaves demanding work
    http://muaythaiscotland.com/

well, technically i think that's a sales page, but it would be useful if i lived in the US for toll-free calls! but you're a star for looking it up prodikal, and i'll check the site more thoroughly in a sec...i'll run some searches, i just wondered if maybe it was someone's particular forte, so this site seems like a good place to start!

XXX

http://www.umax-europe.com/
    This'll get you a little closer to home!
    \"The fifth horseman of the apocalyse?\"
    \"Yeah, he left the group before they hit it big.\"
    T. Pratchett

quality, thanks a lot! aw, it always makes me wanna cry how lovely everyone is on this site! it's by far the most helpful online community i've come across, thanks for all being so great! *pukes at cheesiness* urgh sorry how lame i sound but y'know what i mean!

XXX