Microsoft screws up again.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Microsoft screws up again.

Post Microsoft screws up again.

Big surprise, Windows Media Player has three security flaws in it. Found this story at
    http://www.salon.com/tech/wire/2002/...ity/index.html

patches for the flaws can be found at
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sec...n/MS02-032.asp
    Wine maketh merry: but money answereth all things.
    --Ecclesiastes 10:19

Well of course there is a flaw in this program any program that retrives info from the net has some what of a Security Hole.
    Join the White Hat universe!

Preacher still reading the list of what MS payed for on another of your threads. Going to pass your site link off to eldest son. Is into all the movie stuff does a bit of screen script stuff in LA great site you have. All I've researched tells me that this year MS is moving right along with an equal number of errors at least as last year what was the count 269 patches? MS trusted Computing equals give us time we will find or buy security, and issue 200 patches after the relese. eXposed Patches 25.0
    I believe that one of the characteristics of the human race - possibly the one that is primarily responsible for its course of evolution - is that it has grown by creatively responding to failure.- Glen Seaborg

God, If hospitals ran their buisinesses like microsoft, then we would have an extremely high death rate...LOL
    M$ support is like shooting yourself in the left foot and then putting a band-aid on the right one.

th3>kLuTz >

If GM had developed cars as fast as M$ develped software you would now have a car that cost just $5, and could go 1000 miles on half a cup of petrol.

Conversley, if M$ build cars they would crash unexpectedly twice a day and everyone would have to get out and get back in again to make them restart.

It's an old gag - but I'm an old hack so I figure it's ok
    \"I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.\"
    Sir Winston Churchill.

What I thought was interesting about this, is that the security flaws exist because of the "anti-piracy" & "storage features" used by the Windows media player (v6.4 & v7.1) - in other words the spyware features that MS has intoduced! However, any decent firewall should close this loophole, especially if you don't allow Windows media player access to the net.

I'm not surprised that Windows Media Player has a flaw. Every Microsoft OS has flaw. Win98, WinME, Win2k, WinXP. But there's always a patch on every flaw.
    Listen closely to your enemies. They tell you your faults.

Banned
    windoze sux, if any other company ran there business like that, they'd be out of the business... where does M$ get there programmers? where's the FTC?

It turns out that some versions of the patch have a little surprise in the EULA:
    http://bsdvault.net/article.php?sid=527&mode=&order=0
    Elen alcarin ar gwath halla ná engwar.

Just another reason to assisinate Mr. Bill Gate that self centerd son of a bitch
    Yo, sup