Thread: erm, grey antipoints negative or positive...

erm, grey antipoints negative or positive...

Hi All, I searched the forums but came up with no answer to this question...

Is there any way to tell, when you receive a grey antipoint, whether it is positive or negative?

Thanks,

PS : I know you can sometimes tell by the assignment text but sometimes it is difficult to tell if peeps are being sarcastic or not...
    \"Why is the bomb always gettin\' the last word?\" - Will Smith - Lost & Found (2005)

Well, if you can't tell by the assignment text, click the "Contact user... blah blah blah" link and they *might* pm you back with their reasons for assigning it to you. Also depends on whether you made a good or a stupid post, for which you got the AntiPoint...

No there isn't, but usually they will indicate what they gave you in the message they say with the antipoint.

Don't sweat the Grey one's, they are meaningless. They don't add to or subtract from your total.

Cheers:
    DjM

Personally I've wanted those grey ones to have some sort of indicator or way of telling whether they were intended to be positive or negative. As it stands right now, if there is no comment, you can't tell.

But there is one strange loophole to try... If there IS a comment, simply go to your own post that the antipoint was assigned on, and click on "Assign Positive or Negative Antipoints to this Post", and it will pop up a window (if you are the post owner) that shows the antipoints that had comments for that post. Find the one with the same comment as the grey antipoint, and it should show there whether it was intended to be positive or negative.
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

I believe, and I could be wrong, that you must be of a certian status to give anti-points and have them count. Take me for example: I am considered a newbie and all the points I have assigned thus far have been grey regardless of intent. I imagine this aids in preventing abuse, cudos JP.
    The more I deal with people, the more I LOVE my computer.

Yeah, Thanks guys.
    Anyone know, when can you start assigning green or red antipoints that actually count?
    Is it when you've received a certain number of greenies or according to how many posts you have made?

Cheers
    \"Why is the bomb always gettin\' the last word?\" - Will Smith - Lost & Found (2005)

Banned
    um i noticed my points giving out real greens when i got to 2 greens under my name, then again, that was about the same time that i became a jr member also so mabee thats it also.....

AntiOnline Newbie
    Regarding your last question, Prankster, this is in the AntiPoints section of the Site FAQ. See the section "How much of a Punch Do My Points Pack."

There is a link to the site FAQ at the right on the AntiOnline home page. Or you can get to the antipoints section by clicking the "Assign Positive or Negative AntiPoints to This Post," then the link at the bottom of that box, "What Are AntiPoints?"

Edit: Hey, wait a minute. You have 72 posts and you don't know your way around the Site FAQ yet? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm . . . Did you take the nic "Prankster" for a reason? Who were you in a former AO life?

Oops sorry guys. No Airhead, I have never been here before this nickname, anyway, I'm off now to read the whole Site FAQ, Thanks. P