Thread: Trouble Shooting Keyboard

Angry Trouble Shooting Keyboard

I know that someone has alrdy posted a msg like this but my situation is diff. My keyboard is notifing me that im holding down keys. I know that non of the keys are stuck and the only way i get my key board to function properly or at all is to press scroll lock. Should i get a new keyboard or should i inspect furthere before making a big disistion.
    Join the White Hat universe!

Get a new keyboard while they click they actually have a few thousands of an inch on the membrane pad, and the conductive ink silver usually or used to be will tarnish. At what 20 bucks why mess around?
    I believe that one of the characteristics of the human race - possibly the one that is primarily responsible for its course of evolution - is that it has grown by creatively responding to failure.- Glen Seaborg

Thx for the info.
    Join the White Hat universe!

I stoped trouble shooting keyboards when they hit the $13 dollar mark.
    Its not software piracy. I’m just making multiple off site backups.

If I can go get one at practically any store and it only costs $10 then no matter what it is, I will go buy a new one instead of wasting an hour of my time.

I'm emotionally attached to my keyboard, I don't know if I could bear any unfixable problems with it... after many years, you get used to the little quirks of layout, the precise way and force used to most efficiently hit the right buttons... the keyboard shortcuts... <sniff>... That said, this post was worthless, but I feel that some keyboards actually become more valuable in terms of familiarity as you use them for a long time, rather than less due to wear and tear.
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

Did you guys know you can WASH your keyboard if your keys start sticking? We tried it in my Hardware class once in college. We poured 3 cups of coffee with sugar in it on a keyboard & let it dry. Then we soaked the keyboard in water & let it dry overnight. It worked the next day. And none of the keys were stuck.
    "Never give in-never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in to convictions of honor and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy!" - Winston Churchill

GreekGoddess
    I love the keyboard I have now...It cost me $12 and I got a full rebate back....heh, all I payed was tax and a stamp.

I do know what you mean though about becoming accustomed to a keyboard...the keys are so worn now, and it doesn't take much to type, and since it's been used I find it a lot quieter, even when I make hard returns.