Icon Crazy

Thread: Icon Crazy

HYBR|D

Angry Icon Crazy

Hello AO Members and Guests..

I was after a little help with my ICON's I have tried to open an icon with wordpad (dont know why some brain dead idea and now the default for opening or viewingan icon is in wordpad and instead of showing the actual icon it has a icon of the wordpad icon, is there some way in my registry I can change this to view the actual icon (in other words back to default.) And Mircoangelo or Icon forge doesnt help either its F$%#'n Anoying <-- soz bout the language.

I am running Win2000 PRO and also have the admin account.

Thanks In Advanced
    Regards HYBR|D

GreekGoddess
    To associate a file with a program

Open My Computer.

Double-click a drive or folder.

Right-click a file, and then click Open With. If Open With is not available, click Open.

Follow the instructions under the option that matches the dialog box you see:
    Open With--Recommended Programs list

Under Programs, click the program in which you want the file to open, or click Browse to locate the program you want.
    -or-
    Click the look for the appropriate program on the Web link to search the Web for a program to open your file.

Open With--No Recommended Programs list

Under Programs, click the program in which you want the file to open, or click Browse to locate the program you want. You can also type a comment that provides information about the file type. This information will appear in the folder window under Details when you view the file in a folder.
    -or-
    Click the look for the appropriate program on the Web link to search the Web for a program to open your file.

Cannot open this file

Windows cannot find a program to open the file. In the Cannot open this file dialog box, do one of the following:

Click Use the Web service to find the appropriate program. This enables you to search the Web for the program that will open the file.
    -or-
    Click Select the program from a list to choose a program to open the file in the Open With dialog box.

Well, programs that use that icon should look fine.
    But I would just go into the Registry and change the default icon for .ico files to "%1" or something...

START-->SETTINGS-->FOLDER OPTIONS-->>FILE TYPES
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.