1st I wanna say sorry if I put this in the wrrong forum, I Couldn't find one that fitted it best...

WEll, here's what's happening, last night, my computer **** it self...When XP Load's....all I get is a nice Blue (D'uh) Screen complaining about some error....

It all started when RA2 - Yuri's Revenge stope'd working properly after it crashed....I tracked the problem to the CD driver, I quickly replaced the driver file and was about to re-boot when I saw that there where other problem's too; Windows had found a "PCI Simple Comunication Controler" and an "Unknown Device" as well as my SCSI/RAID Controler had died.
So I went about replacing the driver's thinking they must have been corrupted during the last crash....
After a little while, I had removed the Unknown device, And installed the most appropriat driver to the PCI device......but at this time it was 02:00 so I was getting really nackerd......
Adn as it happens...I presed ok for a driver called "PCI IDE Simple Controler", I know I should have known better but to make a long story short...I wanna get into ma windows and remove the driver.
So here are my Questions.....
* Y Won't XP Load Safe mode?
* What happen's if I type deltree c:\Windows\ and is it really that bad?

I really want to avoid formating coz I'v got so much work stored on the comp...Iwas going to get a new HD this summer....guess I was a bit late....

Any way......tanx, hope some one can help...

- Noia