Thread: How do I...

Question How do I...

1st I wanna say sorry if I put this in the wrrong forum, I Couldn't find one that fitted it best...

WEll, here's what's happening, last night, my computer **** it self...When XP Load's....all I get is a nice Blue (D'uh) Screen complaining about some error....

It all started when RA2 - Yuri's Revenge stope'd working properly after it crashed....I tracked the problem to the CD driver, I quickly replaced the driver file and was about to re-boot when I saw that there where other problem's too; Windows had found a "PCI Simple Comunication Controler" and an "Unknown Device" as well as my SCSI/RAID Controler had died.
    So I went about replacing the driver's thinking they must have been corrupted during the last crash....
    After a little while, I had removed the Unknown device, And installed the most appropriat driver to the PCI device......but at this time it was 02:00 so I was getting really nackerd......
    Adn as it happens...I presed ok for a driver called "PCI IDE Simple Controler", I know I should have known better but to make a long story short...I wanna get into ma windows and remove the driver.
    So here are my Questions.....
    * Y Won't XP Load Safe mode?
    * What happen's if I type deltree c:\Windows\ and is it really that bad?

I really want to avoid formating coz I'v got so much work stored on the comp...Iwas going to get a new HD this summer....guess I was a bit late....

Any way......tanx, hope some one can help...

- Noia
    With all the subtlety of an artillery barrage / Follow blindly, for the true path is sketchy at best. .:Bring OS X to x86!:.
    Og ingen kan minnast dei linne drag i dronningas andlet den fagre dag Då landet her kvilte i heilag fred og alle hadde kjærleik å elske med.

Umm, I'm not sure by reading your post if you are able to get into the regular GUI, but if you are, then you should just use the "System Restore" program. I'm pretty sure it's on the computer. Forgive me if I missed a sentence that would make this answer useless.

Nope...didn't even get the load-screen.....
    But the problem's ben fixed....Got a mate of mine to find the driver, then I simply removed it's corresponding file on my system....problem fixed... well...still had some problem's coz of a missing driver (D'uh) but that was easy to sort once I was in the GUI......

tanx for the help any way's

- Noia
    With all the subtlety of an artillery barrage / Follow blindly, for the true path is sketchy at best. .:Bring OS X to x86!:.
    Og ingen kan minnast dei linne drag i dronningas andlet den fagre dag Då landet her kvilte i heilag fred og alle hadde kjærleik å elske med.