Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: For the Hate of America !!

AntiOnline Senior Medicine Man

Question For the Hate of America !!

I have noticed from websites, and international opinion that Americans and America itself is looked at like were all fat-ass arrogant little *****s. The rest of the world envys America for it's greatness, I am assuming. Why is it that a country that supports independence and freedom on such a level, looked down upon? Is it our foreign policy? Are we not giving enough money and rations to the starving nations? Did we not create somewhat of a "freedom" in Afghanistan, by destroying the Taliban? Did we not send in the troops to Somalia, when the people were being starved?

Why is it that when 9-11 first when down, all these European nations claimed they had our backs...Germany gifted our government with a few tanks painted red, insinuating their Support in a military action. But as soon as Bush went over there to call to arms, Germans didnt want anything to do with it. Grant it, we dont really want Germany having an army anyways...(Sarcastic, has been playing Medal Of Honor) but I am tired of people saying something and doing the opposite.
    Is this the type of behavior that has lead America to its reputation? Or is it that America is simply the most powerfull country in the world and the world has become envious of her power? Or is it because we support Isreal, and the world simply hates the Jews or what ?

I would be most interested in Negative's responce...you seem to hate Americanism more than anyone here...
    It is better to be HATED for who you are, than LOVED for who you are NOT.

THC/IP Version 4.2

Toker , the first thing you should learn in this ****en life is : no one covers your back ... so the best tactic is ACYA ( always cover you’re ass)

actually all what you've mentioned is 100% true ... with all listed reasons….
    Europe would love to be # 1 instead of America in everything !! wonder why ? ...
    Meddle-east hate the guts of America coz' of being the #1 supporter for Israel , Far-east hates America coz' they want to be # 1 industrial, but still they couldn’t make it happen

hmmm , on the other hand ... America consider the Meddle-east there number 1 consumer market… and they’ll do anything no to let them have their own industries …. ( wars for example )

… tell u what … man, forget about this issue ... i really feel sick when talking about wars , money, power ... borders .... it all SUCKs

Ciao'
    When the power of Love overcomes the Love of power, the world will know peace... Jimi Hendrix
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    I dream of giving birth to a child who will ask...... what was war?

I don't hate America, it's just that I always see in the movies, these guys saying "America is the greatest country in the world!". Maybe economically that's true, but it's just annoying to hear Hollywood drill their patriotic theory into us non-American folk.
    Just my opinion.

It is sad, but true in many respects. First most people in their respective countries do not hate the U.S. but neither do they care about us, can't say that I blame them. But then do we really care all that much about other countries ourselves? I don't mean as a nation. As a nation we give and give and give because we can afford to most of the time. Great! I am proud to be able to say that, but as an individual my concerns are not on other countries. Tradgic as some things are in other countries, apathy gets the best of me rather quickly. I am sure the same happens all over the world. I know this because one lady from Spain asked why we cancelled classes on sept. 11th. She said, well its not like it happened here. What you will find is that while most are apathetic there are those that are extreamly outspoken one way or another. The unfortunate fact is that those that are against something are the most outspoken and it appears that they speak for thier nation when that is not the case.

It is also a fact that if you have U.S. producers making movies in a U.S. instituation like hollywood that you will get U.S. themed movies. We love our country and we think it is the best, why toot someone else's horn? But then you think your country is the best and would rather see movies promote your country. I don't fault you that, it is only natural if one loves his/her country, just please don't fault us for loving ours. I do admit that hollywood rarely ever gets the story right, sometimes I wonder if they even try.
    The more I deal with people, the more I LOVE my computer.

Originally posted here by jethro
    I don't hate America, it's just that I always see in the movies, these guys saying "America is the greatest country in the world!". Maybe economically that's true, but it's just annoying to hear Hollywood drill their patriotic theory into us non-American folk.
    Just my opinion.
    What movies have you been watching? Maybe the older movies are patriotic (pre-Vietnam), but most of the newer stuff sure isn't. If Hollywood has gotten patriotic and started flag waving it's been since 9/11.

I'm not sure why so many people seem to hate America. Maybe it is our foreign policy of supporting Israel. Maybe we do have a mindset at times that the world revolves around the USA. And in the past (19th Century and some of the 20th century) America did tend to act in an imperialistic manner (like the European powers did). But this can't be a total answer because England was certainly more of a colonial power than the US and the other European countries also abused the world through the colony system (e.g. Belgium and the Belgian Congo, Germany and other parts of Africa, the Netherlands in South African, France in Vietnam, to name just a few examples). But then again we are the most powerful country in the world. (The world revolves around God actually, but that's another thread.) I wonder though, if the US suddenly quit being the world's policeman and said, "Ok, we're just going to protect our interests, the rest
    of the world can do what it wants," I wonder what would happen.

Ok, as Toker said, if any non-Americans want to respond and help us understand why some other countries may resent
    the US (if they in fact do), please do so.

Ps. I think we have a great president, and I think he has handled our country well so far. Especially in regard to the aftermath of 9/11.
    For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
    (Romans 6:23, WEB)

i'm an American, and i wouldn't have it any other way. but having lived abroad and not being the stereotype American, i continually got feedback of the "why's and what's" when it comes to the displeasure with our nation. here's some contributing factors.

from a historical/legacy point of view:

U.S. foreign policy has been actively engaged in locations where U.S. financial or widespread democratic interests are or were at risk. while i agree with you, that our country has helped many nations in several instances, i can also see that it hasn't been across the board. for countries that were in need of our help, and didn't get it - it has left a taste of abandonment. i think we've gotten better about this in more recent times: post cold-war.

from a more personal point of view:

"all fat-ass arrogant little *****s"

because there have been enough "fat-ass arrogant little *****s" from America going over. because those are the guys that make the waves and draw attention to themselves. it's a stereotype, and an unfortunate one - as i'm positive that the diversity that is the American people has much more to offer than overweight hot-air. i was questioned about even being an American because i didn't interrupt others, showed interest in what they had to say, and didn't feel the need to win the drinking war. but the presentation being put on by the large, obnoxious, drunk guy with the chicago accent at the table behind me is eclipsing.

the other aspect of this is simply reacting to cultural differences. it took ~ a month for me to realize that the curt and infliction in the spoken word of some european countries/cultures, while appearing hostile by our standards, is completely normal for them...they use the same tones amongst themselves in everyday conversation. i can easily see how a more aggresively-natured American would become defensive in their reaction to what they see to be a verbal attack. the really sad part about this is that when under attack, do you know what the first words are out of an American's mouth? something related to the war(s) - either "who saved who" or "who bombed who" or "who killed how may" or "who won". after so many years, and the retaliation responses still show 0% originality or change. good job, guys...if you wanted to be an arrogant ***** - you've just succeeded.

on a more positive note, i think that underneath, there is a strong support or goodwill for America - just as we should hold for them. Americans are just faced with breaking down those generalizations in order to understand the support on an individual basis.

just my 2 cents.
    -droby10

toker , didn't i tell ... it's very easy to prove this point of hate in public ....

that what i had in my AO points :

" Anti-Semite. You should'nt down anyone for thier beliefs "

look what they call me .... why coz' i'm Arabic and muslim from the meddle east , and u still think there's any one hates USA more than hating us ... huh ... well ... i tell the ass hole one thing ... learn how to spell first then get back to suck the **** out of my brain ....
    When the power of Love overcomes the Love of power, the world will know peace... Jimi Hendrix
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    I dream of giving birth to a child who will ask...... what was war?

Originally posted here by bimmer

… and they’ll do anything no to let them have their own industries …. ( wars for example )
    Bimmer, I am glad you decided to speak up, even though you get reds just about every time you do. If you could Clarify this quote, or re define what you meant by (wars for example)
    Were you using wars as a form of industry? Cause in a way it is.
    =============================================================
    Hate met with more hate is a perfect example of whats going on in Israel. If people hate you bimmer, love them. Show them Islam.(peace) Don't meet their hate with hate.
    Its like the Ireali soldier that kills a palestinian, and that palestinian hates the jew that killed his freind, until he kills the Jew. Then That jews freind kills that Palestenian. Its a vicious cycle of hate, that will never end until we make a personal choice to end it. We have talked about this before.....

THC/IP Version 4.2

Do you remember the old stigma of bankers being crooks and all-around rat bastards?
    Well, it's because they would sell loans and other financing options to the common man, be it a farmer or factory worker, with strange 'adjustable' interest, that is, adjustable at the Banks discretion. So, as the client worked his ass off to pay back the loan, it would just keep getting bigger and bigger as the interest compounded continuously. Jeeze those rat bastards! Keeping the lower class at a level to just keep their heads above water, but never being able to get ahead.

Good thing times have changed.

Now week take the classest ideal that kept poor Americans down and export them.
    Now Americans are more free than ever!

INSTEAD, American corporations move into foreign countries and employ the populas. That's great! They should be thanking us for such work! Some catches though, we don't pay a living wage, and love how quickly those little kids can sew footballs.

"Well, if they don't like it, they don't have to work there!"

Oh, i totally agree, but, unfortunatly, the American corporation has bought and shut down all competetors in the area.

"Okay, okay, so we have evil corporations, that doesn't have ANYTHING to do with America's foriegn policy!"

Oh, but i think it does. You see, North Korea wouldn't let us open shop there, imagin that, the local government there knew it would be bad for their economy given American corporate tactics... And the 'NO' resounded in the halls of Congress... Well now, we can't have that, so (Pre Korian war, mind you) we financed a revolution and instated a dictator that would save them from the opressive democracy Korea already had. Now we opened shop! All right! Free enterprise with no coersian what so ever! America the beautiful... Oh, but, wait... ten years later or so, the people of N. Korea thought comunism might benefit them.... we'll never know, because american armies moved in and crushed the American established government.

So, we set 'em up, and knock 'em down.

We do this in over 120 countries.

Why in the world don't people like us? I mean I love the bank that wrongfully repossesed my home, bought my office, cut my wages, and rased my rents, don't you?

Originally posted here by preacherman481

I wonder though, if the US suddenly quit being the world's policeman and said, "Ok, we're just going to protect our interests, the rest
    of the world can do what it wants," I wonder what would happen.

Wow, someone else that shares my veiw. I feel America should revert back to a "lasez fare" additude. Ya know, pull out of the UN and just say screw the rest of the world, and all of its politics.

THC/IP Version 4.2