AMERICA

AMERICA : #1 COUNTRY IN THE WORLD
    GREATEST IN THE WORLD
    BEST COUNTRY
    MOST BEAUTIFUL
    WE R # 1
    THE REST OF THE WORLD : GO TO F %$$% HELL

Thumbs up

I don't hate America, it's just that I always see in the movies, these guys saying "America is the greatest country in the world!". Maybe economically that's true, but it's just annoying to hear Hollywood drill their patriotic theory into us non-American folk.
    Just my opinion. ~jethro

True many movies in Hollywood are pro-american. I am just as sick of the same-script-different-day crap as everyone else is. But you have to realize this is a legitimate phenomena. In a country where there are checks in place to make sure the government dosent overly influence the media, filmmakers who are pro-american seek out stories to try to make others pro-American too, putting aside the country's many faults. And, I believe filmmakers do the country a great disservice in the process by fueling the critics cries of propagandizing by the American government... But this countries harshest critics are ironically its citizens. many would say this contributes to its negative image, but I disagree. How many other countries do you know of that air their garbage out right up front so everyone can get a big, strong whiff of it? The country's internal criticism is in place to keep people from becoming blind to the fact that government makes mistakes too, and it is the job of the people to keep the government from becoming too powerful. In countries regulated by propaganda, people aren't allowed to have unpatriotic viewpoints, and that is why internal criticism is important, nay, imperitive to freedom of speech in the United States.

"You talk about scandals, and the Americans put theirs right in the store window for everybody to look at. Even their draft-dodgers are not pursued and hounded. They are here on our streets, and most of them, unless they are breaking Canadian laws, are getting American dollars from ma and pa at home to spend here."

-editorial broadcast from Toronto by
    Gordon Sinclair, Canadian television Commentator.

full text here.

PS. Could someone direct me to instructions on how to make/publish a custom avatar? thx.
    :q :q! :wq :w :w! :wq! :quit :quit! :help help helpquit quit quithelp :quitplease :quitnow :leave :**** ^X^C ^C ^D ^Z ^Q QUITDAMMIT ^[:wq GCS,M);d@;p;c++;l++;u ++ ;e+ ;m++(---) ;s+/+ ;n- ;h* ;f+(--) ;!g ;w+(-) ;t- ;r+(-) ;y+(**)

AntiOnline Senior Medicine Man
    To pretty much sum this thread up, this is what I have gotten from it.

The world Hates America because.

1.) Support of Isreal
    2.) We only give a damn about our money, as a country.
    3.) We strive to be the dominator of everything.
    4.) We put our noses where they don't belong.
    5.) Arrogance of being the best country.
    6.) We use the largest portion of the worlds income, and dont give enough back.

Now, I have had a hard time finding a person that comes from Pakistan, lives here, makes 3 times the money he was making at home in Pakistan, has more security because we are not at war with a neighboring nation. To all the people crying because Americans have it easier, and may appear to be making it harder for other countrys. Come on over.
    The American Dream is for you, the foreigner. The person not born on American Soil. The American Dream is about finding a better place. Thats why the Pilgrims came over here. To be in a better place. Our ancestors fought very hard for the freedoms we have. (even though they seem to be slowly slipping away) Seriously, dont knock it until you tried it.
    A foreigner can come over here, get a 200,000 loan to start there own buisness, interest free. We can't do that. I can't get a loan PERIOD. So, come live the American Dream FOR us. Cause we cant.
    It is better to be HATED for who you are, than LOVED for who you are NOT.

THC/IP Version 4.2

Look, first of all, I would like to discuss the whole Israel thing. Isreal used to British owned Palistine and the British were beneviolent dictators in the affairs of the Palistinians. Palistine didfairly well under British rule and the Jews and Moslums living in the Palistinian state coincided very peacefully...against Britian. Then, President Truman, feeling he had a debt to the Jews in the US who got him in office as President, asked Britian to create the nation of Israel (this is after WW 2, of course). Britian and everyone else didn't want this, but felt that they had to do it because the US just helped to allow the victory against the Axis; thus, Britian told all of the Muslims that Israel would be were Palistine was and that the Israeli government would rule over them. This is what made the Middle East antions made: the fact that we forced them to except Israel as a nation. Israel happens to make its naihbours mad because Israel feels that it is better than everyone...even the US...and it does what it wants. Thus, Israel makes us look bad and doesn't care, but no one can mess with it because it is US backed.
    Now, the US is not really hated by foriegn nations the way you think. The problem is that most nations do not like how we try to the the Police for the rest of the world, how we force them to pass laws (i.e., eco laws) and yet we won't pass the same laws, how we do dirty bussiness by putting tarrifs on imports so that US bussiness can easily compete in the USA allowing for lower US prices elsewhere thus defeating other nations' products in their own land merely due to price and not do to quality, ad how we feel that we don't have to live up to our past treaties (i.e. Bush trying to abandon the Anti-ICBM Treaty). Bush is a weak President and his foriegn policies are making us lose favor with other nations very quickly. In reality, however, we meddle in many affairs that we should not such as the Bay of Pigs, Iran-Contra (which Reagan was the leader of...don't tell me that the telephone answering Lt. Col. could ever have the clout to be able to do such a thing!!!), and Somolia. Somolia was a mistake only in the matter of when it was obvious that the Somaliae had no desire to all eat we should have simply stopped trying to give them aid. Most of the nations in Africa that we send food and supplies to are so corrupt that the governments keep what we give and the people never see it so they do say, "Those Americans are decident and are too greedy to help us." In reality, although we do live better than anyone else, we do have poor and starving people too that we should take care of before we help others. ...Anyway, back on topic...
    In my travels as a military child, later a member of the services, and then traveling as an agent and now as a Sys Admin, I have met people in cold war Russia, post cold war Russia, Japan, Turkey, Hong Kong, Okinawa, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Tiawon, Canada, Mexico, Laos, Germany, England, Spain, and Bolivia and though they were not the nicest people that I have ever met (some of they, that is to say) they were nice people, liked the US (not its policies), liked Americans, and were for the most part not anti-Us. The thing that you are probably mistaking as anti-US sentiments are simply the jinoism and nationalistic fervor that is uncommon in the US (prior to 9-11...whixh by the way my father was in the Pentagon only 100ft. away from the destroyed part of the fifth floor...he works for the Sec of Def), but is so previelent in many other nations.

Unfortunately, there are so many loud, bad eggs out there that the perception is skewed to the negative. If you behave, and teach your children well, maybe the good will spread. If you quit watching the gloom tube, you'd be amazed at the changes in your outlook. America is not perfect, but I think it's better than a lot of the other choices available.
    Ab Hoc Possum Videre Domum Tuum.

Re: AMERICA

Originally posted here by austintexas7777
    AMERICA : #1 COUNTRY IN THE WORLD
    GREATEST IN THE WORLD
    BEST COUNTRY
    MOST BEAUTIFUL
    WE R # 1
    THE REST OF THE WORLD : GO TO F %$$% HELL
    hmmm what a nice & friendly post, man u made me love america and americans more than ever ... man couldn't u make ur first post better than this .... how stupid !!
    c u in hell amego

Originally posted here by Dr Toker
    To pretty much sum this thread up, this is what I have gotten from it.

The world Hates America because.

1.) Support of Isreal
    2.) We only give a damn about our money, as a country.
    3.) We strive to be the dominator of everything.
    4.) We put our noses where they don't belong.
    5.) Arrogance of being the best country.
    6.) We use the largest portion of the worlds income, and dont give enough back.

Now, I have had ... etc.
    i like that post wish everybody think the same way .... guys when we talk about the hate for USA .. we don't talk about the people who live down there, coz' as for me i have lots of relatives and friends there ... but we talk about the exterior relations about countries ....
    we talk about how the US govenement deal with other countries ... and i garrantee u one thing ... if ur governement stop struggling in to things they don't have to do .... u won't face any hate from any other nation.

thats all

ciao'
    When the power of Love overcomes the Love of power, the world will know peace... Jimi Hendrix
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    I dream of giving birth to a child who will ask...... what was war?