Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: For the Hate of America !!

toker ... i don't care about the pointing system as much as i do about telling my point of view ...

well ... were i'm using wars as a form ....? in a way .. yes it is ... but what i meant is real wars ....

My point of view, actually most of the meddle east think this way ...

for example the Iraq war vs. kuwait .... what people say here :

why the hell Iraq would get to kuwait ... and how the hell the prince of kuwait knew about it before it happen and he just left the country ... ( i was there at that time ).

well .... we say , Iraq + USA + Kuwait made it up, we all know saddam husain wouldn't get to kuwait after all the aids they got from Kuwait.

and USA , needed to get to the region ... " OIL " .... :
    1- they got lots of oil.
    2- lots of money for fighting instead of Kuwaities.
    3- they sold lots of old weapons to gulf " which they didn't know how to get rid of it "
    and they still here, wonder why .. didn't the war finish yet !!
    ahaa what they keep saying " iraq still own lots of dang. weapons .... like !!!! what about USA ... it do the same .. why not to get in it the state and start bombing here and there as they do in iraq !!??

2nd. ) " Industries " ... we have lots of man power in our region in addition to ( money & natural resources) what will happen if we started manufacturing our needs.
    do u have an idea what is the average of consumerism in ME.
    i guaranty that US will lose much than ur brain can count.

so .. for all americans ... don't be that sad ... u've been living in a bad situation since 11.sept, as for us .. we’ve been living in this shitty situation for more than 50 years … so what do u expect from a whole generation been raised and grown in an inapplicable environment

on the other hand ... that doesn't mean we hate Americans or european .... ... but for sure we hate Israelis .... just being frank

cheers.
    When the power of Love overcomes the Love of power, the world will know peace... Jimi Hendrix
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    I dream of giving birth to a child who will ask...... what was war?

AntiOnline Senior Medicine Man
    In responce to the Reds I got with the reason....
    -----------------------------------
    gay post
    -----------------------------------
    Ya know,I dont see the homosexuality in this post. Then again I guess it takes one to spot one, so......
    It is better to be HATED for who you are, than LOVED for who you are NOT.

THC/IP Version 4.2

Question

Mood: mad
    Reason: i'm still under Israeli terrorism !
    Bimmer. . . I was just noticing your mood. "Israeli Terrorism"? Israelis aren't the ones strapping bombs to themselves and blowing up everyone that they can. What is your definition of Israeli Terrorism? Im not argueing with you or anything. Just curious.
    "Never give in-never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in to convictions of honor and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy!" - Winston Churchill

No response eh? ok.

No response eh? ok.
    "Never give in-never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in to convictions of honor and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy!" - Winston Churchill

Isreali Terrorism? Perhaps it should be Isreali Occupationism? And remember people, one mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter. It just depends on your point of view.

As far as this thread goes, we just had an "American" thread. Do we really have to go through this **** again?

Banned
    I don't hate America, I don't hate Americans. Period.
    But I'm pretty sure most Americans are fat-ass arrogant little *****s, as are most Belgians or most Germans.

You make it seem like I have something against America particularly. I don't. It's just that AO is mainly populated by Americans. If most AO'ers were German, I would be accused of hating 'Germanism'...

I do have something against people with strong opinions who don't back up their opinions. I don't mind people saying 'I am American' and explaining why they do so. I do mind people saying 'I am American. End of post' though. If people back up their opinion with 'facts' that aren't facts at all, I do mind. And to be honest, I've seen lots of posts like that lately. Those posts aren't helping anyone. You may have noticed that I seldom reply to post like that, because of that reason.

If I post something, I tend to make sure that everything I'm saying is correct. Let's take my posts on the 'I am an American'-thread. Nothing of what I said there was my personal opinion. All I did was look up some facts and post them (like I said before: I don't 'know' all this stuff, I just make an effort and look it up, unlike some others). I don't take it as 'the truth' though. The reports on facts are, after all, just opinions.
    I'm interested in knowing you guys' opinions, but I'm more interested in knowing the facts. I have my own opinion on lots of things, but you'll seldom see me express my own opinion on subjects I don't know **** about. I'll stick to the facts on things I don't know anything about and, eventually, I'll form my own opinion on those things.

I have a couple of questions though about your post...

Why is it that a country that supports independence and freedom on such a level, looked down upon?
    About your freedom of speech: take a look at GreekGoddess' post. That one is pretty to-the-point and based on facts.

Personal opinion: the more a subject 'freedom of speech' is, the less it really is 'freedom of speech'. The US of A still is in the stage of 'Hmm, we want freedom of speech, but to what degree?'. Lots of countries are beyond that stage already, and have set straight rules to what is considered to fall under the 'freedom of speech', and what is not. You can't have total freedom of speech while illegalizing racism.

Are we not giving enough money and rations to the starving nations?
    My opinion: money and rations isn't gonna help those 'starving nations'. It's a short-minded solution: looks good on the palmares of the one giving that kind of help, but won't help at all (quite the contrary, if you ask me) on long term.

Fact: America is known all over the world for its huge amount of money they spend on helping out other countries. But then again (another fact): if you look at it relatively, you guys don't do **** (The US of A spends about 0.1% of their national income/year on 'third-world'-support.
    A European agreement (1977) stated that every European country should give at least 0.7%. 90% of European countries give more than that.

Why is it that when 9-11 first when down, all these European nations claimed they had our backs...Germany gifted our government with a few tanks painted red, insinuating their Support in a military action. But as soon as Bush went over there to call to arms, Germans didnt want anything to do with it. Grant it, we dont really want Germany having an army anyways...(Sarcastic, has been playing Medal Of Honor) but I am tired of people saying something and doing the opposite.
    Germany was willing to support the US of A's call to destroy terrorism. They backed off when Bush started talking about a 'WAR on terrorism' though. Germany learned from its errors... Germany, as most European countries, is doing what they're good at right now: REBUILDING Afghanistan. Not as sensational as bombing it, of course...

Personal opinion: the only thing 'most' Americans seem to know about Germany, is Hittler and the World Wars. Get over it, that was 60 years ago. I don't have a problem with destroying terrorists; I do have a problem though with simply bombing sites that are 'believed to be terrorist bases'...

Or is it because we support Isreal, and the world simply hates the Jews or what ?
    I really like how you manipulate your questions... One might say: "yes, it is because you support Israel"...but wait, you add the 'and the world simply hates the Jews'-part. Has it ever come to your mind that someone might actually not like the American support to Israel, but NOT hate the Jews?

Personal opinion: I don't have anything against Jews. I don't have anything against muslims. I condemn the suicide-bombings. I condemn the mass-bombings. But I still wonder why the US of A only condemns the suicide bombings, and doesn't say **** about Israeli helicopters and tanks. They both make victims, you know...

PS: thanks for liberating us some 60 years ago, thanks for the bubble-gum and the cigarettes. You gave my grand-father the best day of his life. If he hadn't died two years ago, he still would be telling us about those friendly Americans who gave him free bubble-gum

A general "frenchy" point of view of america:
    - usa use their enormous power to influence all others countries only in order to protect their power. And telling it's for "liberty"...
    - usa are all the time saying "we are the good, we are the ones, we are the best"... It's very naive et pedantic.
    - usa are tricking all the time: they say "don't do this" but they do this.

There are a lot of examples on the economical news (banana, steel, agriculture) but I haven't the vocabulary to explain all those things.
    Life is boring. Play NetHack... --more--

Originally posted by KissCool
    - usa use their enormous power to influence all others countries only in order to protect their power. And telling it's for "liberty"...
    - usa are all the time saying "we are the good, we are the ones, we are the best"... It's very naive et pedantic.
    - usa are tricking all the time: they say "don't do this" but they do this.

Wow...You summed it up nicely. I don't think that's just a French view of the US though....

in my opinion, the problem with america for other nations is first of all, the way america does things. our foriegn policy leaves much to be desired. and most nations disapprove of the way we handled the 9/11 situation. and a large part of some nations, including france aren't even sure we are chasing the right person. the second problem is that many people do not realize that the president and his actions are not america's actions. many assume that because we are democracy every action is decided by the people. so when foriegn policy is put into action, it makes the citizen's look bad. the final reason is the attitude of most americans. there is a good portion of the coubntry who thinks that becase they are americans, there **** doesn't stink. they think that they are better then most people and look down on any one they feel is lesser then them, this includes most if not all other countries (esp the third world ones) now granted, not all of america is that way... but the ones that are tend to be the ones traveling over seas and/or expressing their opinion in public. this makes the rest of america look bad and thus hated.

i am not anti-american. i am against all the things that are injust that our country does. i am against the wars that we wage, the innocent blood we shed. i am anti the people who make america look bad. i am anti all the stupid political power struggles that go on. i am anti party politics. i think there is a lot wrong in america, but i do not think that it is a lost cause nor do i hate the country. i love the country and i love to be american, but i am aware of the problems and think that they need t be fixed before they lead to bigger and badder problems.
    Learn like you are going to live forever, live like you are going to die tomorrow.

Propoganda

I Think that people in other countries that cant get to america dont like our country because of the fact that we are arrogant and say that it is great all the time.Hell , Im no anarchist but if america is the land of the free , then why do they need corporations like the IRS or the CIA?
    I Mean once people hear that America is kind and loving , that is when they pretend to hurt their back and collect on social security every month.I Mean there are people out there that do have back problems or whatever , but our government is pretty much one big ticking time bomb , every day more and more money is sucked off good old America , that just goes to show you how fast people can take advantage of them.
    "Serenity is not the absence of conflict, but the ability to cope with it."