Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: For the Hate of America !!

Originally posted here by lord_darkside_x
    toker> the wedding party was originally thought not to have been "tragetted"... they thought that the group was firing pistols that the airplane pilots thought was anti-aircraft fire... this is obviously a load of bull because anti-aircraft fire and pistols aren't even closse to similar... but now the story has changed and officials are unsure why the party was attacked.

the us also blew up an elimentary school in iraq during the gulf war. the claim was that they got it confused with a weapons factory... now doesn't that seem a little strange...
    The saddest fact is that the United States Military is without a doubt the single most advanced (technologically speaking) Military in the world. It's apparently rife with complete idiots who don't listen (the pilots were told NOT to bomb the training area), and don't think before acting (bombing the wedding party).

Sure, a lot of you may resent that remark, but if you look at the US' track record, it's pretty crappy. The US lost more troops to Friendly Fire in the gulf war, that fact alone is probably a breaking point for a lot of other government's militaries.

I'm no gun expert, but I don't believe a hand gun can fire high enough to even enter the minimum safe flying altitude, can it? I suppose it would depend on where they set their altitude, but exactly how far can a handgun shoot?
    Chris Shepherd
    The Nelson-Shepherd cutoff: The point at which you realise someone is an idiot while trying to help them.
    \"Well as far as the spelling, I speak fluently both your native languages. Do you even can try spell mine ?\" -- Failed Insult
    Is your whole family retarded, or did they just catch it from you?

Banned
    Just wanted to point out that there IS an economical side to the Rwanda/Congo-conflict:
    A lot of Western companies benefit from the Rwandese presence in Congo (I'm not gonna call the country by its official name, since that would be blasphemist use of the word 'democratic'), because they import minerals found in Eastern-Congolese mines. The most important of those minerals is the new gold of the world: forget about oil, here's Columbite-tantalite (or Coltan). Coltan is a metal necessary to build cell phones and computer chips. A 2000 estimate shows that the Rwandese army made about 20 million USD a month mining coltan.

There are many reports about countries providing the rebellion-armies with weapons in exchange for coltan (the Belgian weapon-manufacturer FN is one of them, although Belgium has no coltan-using industry). A UN-intervention would only disrupt the coltan-supply, and that would be a disaster for countries where cell phones are nothing more than disposables, wouldn't it? All you Playstation-fanatics out there: you are guilty of mass-murder. If you really want to do something about it, return your 'used' cellphone/computer to the shop instead of throwing it away with the garbage.

Other countrys contribute too, but they usually dont have such a booming economic market as the usa does, the only equal to population is russia and china, and their comunist, and dont give a damn about anythign other than themselves, or other communist countries.

I think its a wealth thing personally, Usa has the manpower and technology/Money to buy out or destory any ohter country, and with the list of allies, who would opose them? its not really a free market, for countries out of nato, as so much goes thought the Us
    http://www.attrition.org/gallery/computing/forum/tn/youarenot.gif.html

Does anyone else see the blowing up of a wedding party as an act of terrorism, or is it just me?

I hope the irony isn't lost.....

AntiOnline Senior Medicine Man
    Russia doesn't want to be communist anymore, they are suffering mightily financially as they make the change over to capitalism. So is Thailand.
    All we heard today at work was "Go barbecue, go to the beach" Us as average Americans are wanting to forget, or put in the backs of our minds, what happened on 911. Two country singers who wrote 'violent' patriotic songs are not allowed to perform on ABC's program tonight because Corporations don't want our image as us being a "vengeful" nation publicized.
    However, our first response on 911 was to go over to Afganistan and bomb the **** out of them. We are still doing air strikes over there, and the Taliban was officially gone months ago, hell they even have movies over there now. One singer's song says we'll put a boot in your ass, it's the American way. Everyone I see listening to that song sings that part with pride, like they are personally going over there and fight. However, the average american just wants peace, and the surprise of 911, and the shock, woke us up that if we are the most powerful naion, we are still just as vulnerable as any one else. That scares us, because we are now looking at every killing, every bomb threat, every prank, as a terrorist attack. We are now a nation that is very paranoid.
    We went over there to take care of it, and I don't think we are leaving until we fine Bin Laden, who I personally think is in Pakistan or India, and no where in the vicinity of Afganistan. We are, however, like a confused hunting dog, and damn it, this was the last place we had the scent!
    We don't realize that Bin Laden is a terrorist who could give a **** less about Afganistan and all those dying over there while we look for him.
    I agree with the comment that we don't get involved until nationally attacked. We were perfectl content to let Afganistan and all those countries kill each other off and clean up the mess later if asked by the UN. But the terrorists 'invited us' into the war by destroying our Trade Center, hoping to hurt us financially. That is why we got involved over 10 years ago with Desert Storm. That was OUR OIL, and someone was threatening it. Saddam Hussein was just a little news blip until he attacked our oil partners.
    So, we are a lassie faire country until they attack our pride and economy.
    Bottom line is it is okay to go to war with each other, bomb the **** out of each other, wipe out the entire country, but DO NOT MESS WITH OUR MONEY!!$$$$
    I had a friend who did a stint in the Peace Corps over in Swaziland, Africa. They think we are the richest country in the world. They were shocked when he told them that we have homeless people, and starving children. Over there, they help each other. The neighbors who have help the ones who don't have, even if it means giving the last piece of bread to another child not their own. They don't understand why we don't do that.
    Why don't we?
    It is better to be HATED for who you are, than LOVED for who you are NOT.

THC/IP Version 4.2

To whomever sent me this Neggy:
    Perhaps you should get off your high horse. What has Canada done in any of these situations? Nothing.
    While that's partially untrue as several events were referenced, you will note that my point was not that Canada is somehow better, just get your damned facts straight about the US being so great and fighting for the '[freedom of] all people'. I'm terribly sorry that facts bother you, but I really don't give a rat's ass. The fact of the matter is that the US gets into any conflict they feel gives them something in return, whether it be voters in an election, money, oil, land, what have you. Most militaries operate this way.

It should be noted that American soldiers hardly ever end up on Peacekeeping missions. More often they are out trying to do Peacemaking missions.
    Chris Shepherd
    The Nelson-Shepherd cutoff: The point at which you realise someone is an idiot while trying to help them.
    \"Well as far as the spelling, I speak fluently both your native languages. Do you even can try spell mine ?\" -- Failed Insult
    Is your whole family retarded, or did they just catch it from you?

Perhaps you should get off your high horse. What has Canada done in any of these situations? Nothing.
    FYI, Canada entered WWII in September 1939.
    The USA entered over two years later.
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

i heard things like it shouldve been expected and it was our fault and when some jerk said that it was "funny & you had it coming" i knocked him out and drug him out to the street and lumped him up...
    This is a typical heroic American and if this SERVICEMAN cant even keep his cool from somebody having their freedom of speach..You can only see the Armed services of America biased no matter where they go??
    --------------------------------------------------

Australian Soldiers with British soldiers Captured Jeruselam in 1915 from Turkish forces..The place was called Palestine..It took until 1948 for the U.N to create a state.For displaced JEWS from W.W.2...
    Why should the Palestinians get out of a country they have called their own???
    I do not back my Prime Minister in his views of standing by America in this war they created themselves...

i think... that the ironic thing about america is, when america started out as a country it was a british colony. This colony was part of british owned land and under british government. Now, America decided that it wanted to be free of a rulership that it felt was tyrannical. So it rebelled. Now though, if a group rebels from a nation, most times (unless they are fighting the communists) America calls these people terrorists. Then we gained our freedom and we decided to expand our country. we moved west, killing off most of the indian population, taking land from it's rightful owners. Isn't that what Iraq was doing in Kuwait? taking land from it's owner... but we called Iraq evil and stopped them. Then finally, America held slaves for quite some time. These slaves were unjustly treated. The were beat, raped, and many times even killed. Yet America intercedes in other countries when it feels the people there are being mistreated. am i the only one who sees any hypocracy here?
    Learn like you are going to live forever, live like you are going to die tomorrow.

Propoganda

Umm lets see now
    Why is this anger going on the world? The answer is very simple racism. I am not saying America is racist or other countries are racist. But I am saying everybody is racist. Some of you would not agree with me on this fact. But it is the way of the human nature. I have lived in America for a year and Middle East for another year. Let me say that all of you are alike there is no difference between US and other countries. Ok I accept the fact that US has a great power politically and finically. People envy America that’s another fact. The problem between America-Lovers and America-Haters is they both look at the same problem but in a different point of view. Only if they could talk their problems before taking the matter into the hands of a guy who has an IQ not over than 80.
    And someone said "Im no anarchist but if America is the land of the free, then why do they need corporations like the IRS or the CIA? "
    I believe that there is nothing such as "complete freedom". Complete freedom would be nothing but total chaos. If it is complete freedom I should be able to kill someone and just walk away like nothing happened. Which is kind of impossible.
    a.k.a. FiX{x}XeR
    Give me the strength to be what I was and forgive me for what I am.