June 29th, 2002, 10:50 PM
Setting up MySQL on win9x
I must give creidt to jethro (i hope i spelled that right he helped me find the right file to download after weeks of me looking. thanks again jethro.
Downloading and installing mySQL
1. Go download http://www.mysql.com/downloads/downl....23.51-win.zip
just get a mirror near you.
2. Extract that file and install to c:/mysql
3. Open the command propt.
4. Change to c:/mysql/bin
5. Type mysqld --standalone *note* You should see that you are now in mysql. you should see "mysql>" instead of the c:/mysql/bin. If all is well then you have successfully ran the mysql server on a win9x box.
1. Get to the working Dir (ex. c:/mysql/bin)
2. Type mysqladmin create database01 *note you may change database01 to a different name.*
3. Thats it, you have just made a database
plz e-mail me at email@example.com if you found this helpful.
June 30th, 2002, 12:00 AM
June 30th, 2002, 12:02 AM
June 30th, 2002, 12:11 AM
lol, yep. I can see your going to be a tough contender for that Number One Tutorial thing... I think Rewandythal, the current champ, has written like 20 or something.
I'd better get cracking
June 30th, 2002, 12:12 AM
number 1 tutorial thing?
lmfao, i would prob win wit like phpnuke tutorial, that is so ****ing long! no1 would even want to read it
June 30th, 2002, 12:17 AM
lol, the cool thing with long tutorials, is people complement you on it, even though they haven't read it. So even if it's utter shite, you still get greenies
June 30th, 2002, 12:19 AM
Hey, I installed mysql a long time ago, and I didn't remember it this way for windows boxes, so I tried it. It didn't work. You might want to revise your tutorial. And your link, for me, didn't work either.
June 30th, 2002, 12:28 AM
The link is badly formatted or something, because it has been shortened down to contain periods.
June 30th, 2002, 12:30 AM
jertho mind givin me the link agina and also this is for win 95, 98, and me only!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! XP, NT, and 2k are alittle diff, i may post tutorials for them later