Change the menu color in VB?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Change the menu color in VB?

Change the menu color in VB?

Ok this is probably gonna sound really dumb and all. But That app I was talking about earlier I kind of want it to be white instead of that ugly greyish color. I can change the bgcolor ok, but how do I change the menu and the submenus? I atttached a little visual so you can see what I'm talking about. Yes I'm into VW's by the way and neuspeed... hehe.
    Good Grief

I *think*, that it's up to the user running the application.
    I'm probably wrong, but I don't think you *can* change that colour...

Maybe just doing images instead of the standard menu. Cause I could see that happening just by using the onclick() event for the picture. But I thought I might ask before I go off making images for a menu system.
    Good Grief

Banned
    well, there are a couple of ways...one way to go is to go download some type of 3rd party menu component that allows you to change that property. You could also create your own visual menu or do some subclassing (which would be quite difficult)

I have a code example on my website in which you can change the color of the menus and the font in VB. You can download it at http://www.homestead.com/vbgames6/files/dos-menu.zip

i thought those menues and submenues are dynamically linked to the Desktop Properties of the end user..

Yeah, that's what I thought as well. I have experience in the Windows API with C++ but not with VB, so maybe the setup is different...

Originally posted here by s0nIc
    i thought those menues and submenues are dynamically linked to the Desktop Properties of the end user..

July here is the code to make the menu bar white:
    Using the sample i had in my previous post.
    'Change Public Const COLOR_MENU =4 to Public Const COLOR_MENU = 9

Public Const COLOR_MENU = 9
    '17 grey
    '9 white
    '8 BLACK
    '4 normal
    '2 dark blue
    '1 light blue

vbgamer Nice site. I was lookin at how much code samples you have. I could spend alot of time there. hehe.. I'm still not sure how I would get the menu to change using your code. Could you give me a dummy's guide how to?
    Good Grief

Here you go July. I have done so of the work for you using the menus from program.gif. I have also included a text on how to add more menus to it and changing the color. To change the Font and the highlight color search in modmenu.bas and you should be able to do it.