Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: interest

interest

Hello all, i have had my domain for awhile and it has just gotten boring lately and i am adding a message board to it. I am going to try and make it a basic free speech place for anything and everything. THis is going in general chit chat and i know its not security related but i figure this is the best place to ask my question, What would you guys want offered on a site featuring message boards that are almost compleetly un moderated? what else would people be interested in with a bbs? and last but not least, What would be a good way to gererate traffic?

Thank you for any and everybody that replies to this

p.s. you can see the board in what it is so far at http://www.bighairyape.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi
    Theres no need to fear, BlazeTech is here

Banned
    What would you guys want offered on a site featuring message boards that are almost compleetly un moderated?
    a moderator

membership

I don't know how successful a website with no fixed topic could be...

What would you guys want offered on a site featuring message boards that are almost compleetly un moderated?
    root would be nice.

its a great idea, maybe sign up to a banner exchange to generate traffic, look on google for one =)

Id be willing to help out if u need a hand.
    \"Why is the bomb always gettin\' the last word?\" - Will Smith - Lost & Found (2005)

Well, I would have central topics, but i am unsure of what people might want. When i said un moderated what i meant was, there are going to be moderators but they will not be removing posts and banning people for there opinions unless it is basically threataning somebody in which case it would have to be removed for obvios reasons.

A friend of mine also use YaBB, it's a good forum script.
    I think you should be the only moderator if the forum is not too big, and if it become really big (it could be a bad thing for AO, no?) there will be serious people that you will know well because they will be "addict" and they will be able to become good moderators.

To create trafic on a forum I think that the best solution is to make a good site around it.
    Life is boring. Play NetHack... --more--

What kind of things? I honestly still dont know what i want to do with the web site, what it should have as far as content, i just dont know, i was thinking of making it just a bbs but that sounds kind of boring.

Banned
    hmmmm yet another person desperite to get a webpage running, but lacking any theme or idea........ [sarcasim]mabee you can have a BBS on you life....... thats always popular[/sarcasim]

Wow logoff, [Sarcasim] You sure are a good speller![/sarcasim] I am not desperate for a web page running, i just want input from people before i start going. i really do not appreciate your assish remark. maybe you will think before you post again, and maybe you will get some lessons in grammer