Thread: Earthlink dsl

Earthlink dsl

Okay i have a question here for anyone who has used or had any experience with earthlink as a dsl isp. I have had their service for awhile now, although I am not paying for it, my father is whom i have little contact with. About a week or so ago the dsl sync light on my modem went out and i lost all service and now i am forced to use a 56k aggghhhh.

I was wondering if the dsl light going out means that the account is dead or something else. Earthlink tech support has been very less then helpful and i am just wondering if my dad has not payed the bill or if perhaps they may be working on lines or something.

Hi mom!
    Isn't there some sort of online 'check your account status' thingy on their support-page?
    I wish to express my gratitude to the people of Italy. Thank you for inventing pizza.

they have something that is SUPPOSED to do that, but it doesn't work
    i made up a name and pass and got it to say it was a valid account so go figure

I have Earthlink DSL, and I have been very happy. I have had my DSL go down from time to time, but restarting the modem and waiting has been sucessful everytime so far. Never had to wait more than 15 min for it come back up. But I do live in DC, and there is a heavy duty internet infrastucture here, so who knows whats going on in your area.

Also remember that DSL speed is affected by how many people are on the service in your area....that could be the problem....
    - Jimmy Mac

Replicants are like any technology, if there not a hazard, its not my problem....

it was funny for me, I followed the directions for Mac OS X, and they wouldn't work. I figured I must be doing something wrong, so I called tech support. They told me "oh the instructions don't work, here is the info you need"!!!! What a waste of an hour feeling like a dunce!
    - Jimmy Mac

Replicants are like any technology, if there not a hazard, its not my problem....