Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hiding my IP address??

Hiding my IP address??

Hi people,I was wondering if there is a program out there that can hide my ip address.I hate it when I go to a web site like grc and it shows my ip address...any help appeciated....
    thks yanner

Webius Designerous Indiginous
    Look up Proxy servers on google. A proxy server acts as a middle-man that connects to the website itself. Requests go from your computer (IP), to the proxy, then the request goes from the proxy (proxies ip) to GRC.com. Grc.com sends the data to the proxy, then the proxy sends that data to you. GRC.com will only see the proxies ip.
    cheers
    x

Umm...try a proxy. I'm not sure if you can FULLY hide your ip. The website can tell your ip because you have established connection to it on port 80 or one of the other webconnection ports.

Thanks for your time~
    [gloworange]Die, or surrender, either way won\'t work.[/gloworange]
    [shadow]HuntX7[/shadow]

Proxy is probably as good as you're gonna get. The only other option is spoofing, which is beyond me, and requires a *nix, nt, 2000, or XP system. Any system with raw socket access made available to the user. Just try proxies, proxies have differing levels of privacy, one might not do anything, another may work wonders. There are also anonamizer services, though I do not know how reliable they are.

Try this!!

A good proxy program for free, you can give miltiproxy a try; (but i would read up on what proxys do and how they work first

www.multiproxy.org

Multiproxy doesn't seem to work anymore since I have the latest one and I've been trying to configure this thing for a whole hour. Don't know why, but it use to work before.

spoofing will get ya in hella trouble with ur ISP....remember, all that stuffs logged

Webius Designerous Indiginous
    I agree with bob, spoofing has no legal purpose behind it and will only get you in trouble. Proxies are legal and are good for anonymous surfing. IMO
    x

Jus' as well, dunno how ta edit tcp packets anyways.

Corect me if I am wrong but not all proxys are anonymous, I think what you need is an anonymous proxy, this way the ip address in the outgoing packets from the proxy server is the ip address for the proxy and not your computer. But I think there are proxy servers which do not hide your actual ip address, I know that my ISP has a proxy server but it is not anonymous.
    In snatches, they learn something of the wisdom
    which is of good, and more of the mere knowledge which is of evil. But must I know what must not come, for I shale become those of knowledgedome. Peace~