Monitoring Tools

Thread: Monitoring Tools

Monitoring Tools

Hey all I just got ahold of a Compaq ProSignia 200 Small Business Server.
    It has a 4.3 Ultra Wide SCSI-3 hard drive, 4/8GB SLR SCSI backup drive, Pentium 300, integrated 10/100 NIC.
    I was wondering what kind of monitering software would be good to monitoring the hardware and network connections?
    [gloworange]\"A hacker is someone who has a passion for technology, someone who is possessed by a desire to figure out how things work.\" [/gloworange]

Try SysMeter out (version 2). You can get it from:
    http://www.deskmod.com

It's on the left under Productivity or you can just go directly to it via
    http://www.deskmod.com/?dapp=sysmete...erv22.00r3.exe

You can also download nice looking skins for it if you want your desktop to look nifty with it.

Greg
    \"Do you know what people are most afraid of?
    What they don\'t understand.
    When we don\'t understand, we turn to our assumptions.\"
    -- William Forrester

you might check to see if you don't already have compaq's insight manager installed and running. it should provide you with what you have asked for...but i would be wary of it, as its basically a limited but open rc utility if left unprotected.

outside of that, what os is being run? i could throw out Tivoli's NetView, HP OpenView, or maybe just a WinMgts package for event counters? but a serious recommendation would be dependent on price, additional functionality or requirements, pre-existing infrastructural support, etc.
    -droby10

it is running 98SE now.
    Already checked and couldn't find any monitoring software.
    [gloworange]\"A hacker is someone who has a passion for technology, someone who is possessed by a desire to figure out how things work.\" [/gloworange]

If your looking for a freeware program to run on Win98 take a look at download.com and do a search for network monitor. It will have about 380 matches.
    Os1LaYr5