Where Do We Stand

Thread: Where Do We Stand

Where Do We Stand

I Have been studying Computer Security for 2 years and i never really thought of this , but finally i asked the question to myself "What Should I call myself"? a Cracker? No Because i Respect the systems i penetrate.Lamer? No Because i do not get off on using punters or other ao progz , nor do i ask lame questions.Newbie?i dont think so , because ive been doing this for so long.Hacker?That Could be a possibility.
    Sorry Everyone about all of this , My Mind is just Boggled on who i am and what i am , sorry if im being a pain in the ass.
    -N
    "Serenity is not the absence of conflict, but the ability to cope with it."

How about a NERD, i'd rather be called that than a hacker,cracker,lamer, newbie or script kiddie
    Mafia = Organized Crime
    Government = Unorganized Crime

Who cares? Don't beat yourself up over such trival things.

I would have to say noobie. If I remember right a newie is a person that is trying to learn. Well if that is true I would have to say I am a noobie and I love it. But what does it matter what others call you. One person might call you one thing and yet another person call you something else. Just keep learning all that you can and never stop bettering your self and call your self what ever makes you feel good but at the same time make sure you live up to what you call your self. Don't clam to be a white hat when you are not. And never undergrade your self.

Zuriel
    [gloworange]Zuriel- This Angel Lends Us The Power To Find Balance When We Desperately Need It[/gloworange]

Yea I guess i shouldnt beat myself up over things like that , thanks you guys
    -N

You are n01100110, who knows what you know and does what you do. Labels are for those suffering from an identity crises not someone secure in their being.

like Conf1rm3d_K1ll says "who cares?"
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Thanx Alot guys , you have helped me and slapped me in the face and made me realize who i am .Thanx It is greatly appreciated.
    -N

Old Fart

Here's what I'd call you

I'm going with the label of a responsible cyber-citizen, and God knows the world needs more of you and others like you. You seek understanding with no malicious intent....my hat is off to you!
    Al
    It isn't paranoia when you KNOW they're out to get you...

Thank you allen i appreciate your willingness to appreciate me.

I will call you stitch-face
    - Homer Simpson

Hehe...I'm sorry...it's funny.

But yeah, as it has been pointed out, it doesn't really matter. In the end, names mean nothing - it's what's inside that counts.

(By that I mean what's inside your head - knowledge and skill...yeah...you get the point...hopefully)

Greg
    \"Do you know what people are most afraid of?
    What they don\'t understand.
    When we don\'t understand, we turn to our assumptions.\"
    -- William Forrester