Net Bios

Thread: Net Bios

Net Bios

Net Bios is a protocol that lets you share files and do other things across your network right ?
    But What If an intruder gets The table and finds out that you have file sharing running on your system?His next step is to modify his lmhosts networking file that came with his os.
    Now The sweat forming on the intruders arms as he goes to find computer and when he goes to double click on the system , a password prompt comes up.To His Disbelief he has tried many passwords and no go.This Attacker knows for certain that the machine is running netbios , but the share is protected.Where can he find a BIOS password cracker , and how do they work?
    "Serenity is not the absence of conflict, but the ability to cope with it."

Hah! That's almost subtle!
    And you say you've been studying security for 2 years??!

Ammo
    Credit travels up, blame travels down -- The Boss

It takes some people longer to learn things than others, maybe he got stuck on something for a year and a half.....and never reached Net Bios....or maybe he is lying like you imposed
    Mafia = Organized Crime
    Government = Unorganized Crime

What i was basically trying to ask is that i dont really understand the way that file share break-ins occur.I have been studying security for 2 years , but this is just one thing ive never picked up on the way.

That is exactly right , i never really reached net bios.
    "Serenity is not the absence of conflict, but the ability to cope with it."

if he kept on looking, chances are he'd find a share not password protected and go from there.
    If their stupid enough to have netbios bound to a web facing interface their stupid enough to do anything, but fyi, a good netbios pwd cracker is "PQWAK" written by one p. qwakenbush.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”