Tech Movies
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tech Movies

Tech Movies

Post Your Favorite Tech Movies, I like Tron and that one with that robot johnny 5, i forget the name of it,....
    [gloworange]Website
    File Server

[/gloworange]

I don't get into to much TV. But I would have to say Swordfish was cool and yea tron was good for the time it was made. But I thank most people would say Starwars was nice I would not know have not seen but 2 of them and they where the old ones.

Zuriel
    [gloworange]Zuriel- This Angel Lends Us The Power To Find Balance When We Desperately Need It[/gloworange]

Swordfish was awesome, action and tech, and I know it was all fake, but it was a good movie.

** MATRIX ** hands down though.
    Search First Ask Second. www.google.com

Antitrust was nice.

And billgates891, the movie with "jonny 5" was "Shortcircuit"..

Ammo
    Credit travels up, blame travels down -- The Boss

The Matrix definitely has to be in the list. For some reason I still like Total Recall, even as old as it is it is still interesting to watch.
    There is only one constant, one universal, it is the only real truth: causality. Action. Reaction. Cause and effect...There is no escape from it, we are forever slaves to it. Our only hope, our only peace is to understand it, to understand the 'why'. 'Why' is what separates us from them, you from me. 'Why' is the only real social power, without it you are powerless.

(Merovingian - Matrix Reloaded)

Hackers.

T'was a great movie...and still is. And yeah, as you all are saying, Swordfish as well - that was pretty kool.

Greg
    \"Do you know what people are most afraid of?
    What they don\'t understand.
    When we don\'t understand, we turn to our assumptions.\"
    -- William Forrester

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    Why is it that no one ever mentions Sneakers?????

That has to be one of the best ever. And it was even almost semi-realistic...
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

Originally posted here by souleman
    Why is it that no one ever mentions Sneakers?????

That has to be one of the best ever. And it was even almost semi-realistic...
    I was just about to say the same thing. Everybody should see it, whether they're into it or not.

ANtitrust was also good. I'm guessing that even though it's fictious, it's hits home on way too many marks.
    Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn\'t die in vain. He died in Washington D.C.

Banned
    Hackers, Takedown "The Kevin Mitnick Story", Freedom Downtime "2600's The Kevin Mitnick Story, War Games, Password: Swordfish, AntiTrust, Resident Evil "Hey The Red Queen was a Program"..... There is really too many to include... My Top 3.... AntiTrust, Takedown, & War Games.

Sneakers as is War Games are among some of the greats. I can name multiple Hacker/Technology flicks that were well beyond alot of your scopes, but when a movie is named "HACKERS" everyone and their mother has to watch it. Looking over the posts, and your wondering why Sneakers wasn't mentioned.... Why the hell was WAR GAMES not listed. That is a classic.....

PHP/PostgreSQL guy
    Sneakers, 2001: A Space Oddysey, Minority Report, Matrix...

Laughable ones: Hackers and Jurassic Park (I'm a unix admin and both of these made me LAUGH AND LAUGH about unix)
    We the willing, led by the unknowing, have been doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much with so little for so long that we are now qualified to do just about anything with almost nothing.