Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: females on AO

Well, I guess a calander would be interesting, then again, they would ask for one with guy's in it, um.....Soulman, they'v been after you rack for a while, you better hide....lol

- Noia
    With all the subtlety of an artillery barrage / Follow blindly, for the true path is sketchy at best. .:Bring OS X to x86!:.
    Og ingen kan minnast dei linne drag i dronningas andlet den fagre dag Då landet her kvilte i heilag fred og alle hadde kjærleik å elske med.

Thanks for everyone posting, I didn't think this post would make it this far. lol.

<whirls around beeping and flashing lights>
    "Danger, Danger, Will Robinson! This thread is hormonally-powered! Danger, Danger!"

I think it all has to do with the fact that most techie guys feel they'd have a hard time relating to someone with non-technical interests, so they find themselves looking for technical girls

Of course, as humans, we have a habit of looking for things which aren't necessarily good for us...
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

That might be true in some cases, I've been in a relatioship for almost a year now, and I promose she isn't tech savy at all. So you might be correct that most tech guys want girls with some tech knowledge, but I'm one who dosn't care that much about it. I still love her, even without being tech savy.

I agree with synexic, my boyfriend just sighs when i insist on spending an hour or so on my computer ignoring him, and if i try explaining really exciting stuff i've managed or whatever, he's happy for me but he doesn't really feel the same enthusiasm because it's not his thing. But I like that, it's my thing not his, and I have other friends who can relate so I chat to them about it. And that's where the AO community comes in handy! Tis my surrogate technologically advanced partner...lol

XXX
    The Owls Are Not What They Seem

Lady H -
    At least your significant other only sighs . . . mine comes up with the most outrageous stuff you've ever heard and some of the definitions he makes up are unbelievable! Working with computers has been a dream of mine ever since I was a kid. Even though I will admit to doing some on-line shopping (mostly auctions for computer stuff) . . . the majority of my time on the internet has been spent doing research . . . hardware compatibility, new software, security . . . I can spend hours checking out various sites for information. I'm glad more females are joining AO too and appreciate all the help they as well as the males here have provided to those of use who consider ourselves newbies. Thanks everyone.
    . . . . vvirtho
    All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; the point is to discover them. What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.