try this

Thread: try this

Thumbs up try this

hello every one!

here i got a question?

when the cd drive has been changed and the very first time iam booting my pc after changing it there i got an error called "operating system not detected"while booting ,so why do we get this and how to get rid of this,please answer this
    when floods come fishes eat ants
    when floods go down ants eat fish
    life is like that........

you probably have not set the jumpers correctly on the new cd...either make the new cd "slave' if it's on the same ide channel as your hard drive or master if you put it on its own ide channel...
    I used to be With IT. But then they changed what IT was. Now what I'm with isn't IT, and what's IT seems scary and weird." - Abe Simpson

Might want to check and make sure your drive cables are fully seated as well, they tend to pull loose when you move things around....

There is only one constant, one universal, it is the only real truth: causality. Action. Reaction. Cause and effect...There is no escape from it, we are forever slaves to it. Our only hope, our only peace is to understand it, to understand the 'why'. 'Why' is what separates us from them, you from me. 'Why' is the only real social power, without it you are powerless.

(Merovingian - Matrix Reloaded)

probably happened:
    1. Jumper Setting of which primari master IDE
    2. Bios Set Booting Configuration
    3. You better sparate the IDE cable for HDD and CD Rom/CD R-W

Make sure you are not trying to boot the OS from the CDROM. Check your BIOS settings.