Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Programming languages

i would suggest something like pascal if you are just starting out w/programming.
    if you really want to get down start out by learning C++ then you will be the mad programmer
    *the wise do sooner what the fools do later.
    --Gracian

Yeah, I was just gonna type that, you beat me to it. I have to say, it is a pretty bad idea to start with vbasic and c++. politroyx do you know those 2 langs? Cause I don't think you'd reccomend them if you did. And also, most people don't bother learning assembly, it is hard and so much can be done with c++ and java and other high class langs like that. It would be a good idea to start with pascal as it is easy to learn and just as easy to compile using turbo pascal. And if you have windows, you should try batch programming, it is also simple and it needs no special programs if you have windows. There is a tutorial on it in the tutorials forum somewhere. If you want to learn web design 'cause I can't really tell from your post, you have to learn html first. It is fairly easy as well, as it is all memorization. After you get the hang of the learning process, try learning something like cgi, or visual basic. By then you'll have experience and be able to learn these at a good speed. Also try buying books at your local bookstore or online, the for dummies series has a very good book on c++.

you learn c you can program anything....many languages derive from it...java...javasript....you have the most freedom w/ the C programming language.....good luck
    *the wise do sooner what the fools do later.
    --Gracian

polytroix >> Uh...VC/VC++??? That's alot to learn for a beginner...I know Assembly but I don't know anything about C/C++(be it Visual C/C++)...I recommend something like Qbasic then Pascal,Assembly(it goes with Pascal) and then any other hard programming languages.Oh,give VB a look and c if you like it Obliterate.What he meant by the site it is on is a programming resource site for that programming language.