Thread: toolkits-what u got??

toolkits-what u got??

i just was curious what people have been using. i use:
    nmap (obviously)
    nbtebum-enumerates cause im too lazy to do it myself
    cis vuln scanner
    nessus and fport

thats pretty much it. hoping you all will have some other good stuff.

ive gotten some negative points for this post so let me specify that i use these tools to discover problems with my network. in security it is my feeling that you cant just sit back and let people hack you-then react. you have to find the holes and plug them so larger problems dont come. thats what i use these tools for.

actually... for once I think it's wrong that u got negative antipoints for this post... a fair question.
    I too use nmap (let's face it. who doesn't!)
    it's just one of those utils u always need but I don't have a toolkit, or some fixed package I always... It's all dependig on if you are securing a *nix box or a win box. some of my favorite tools are however:
    nmap
    pwdump (the new and old)
    dumpreg
    oh and Super Scanner is very nice and fast if running windows... bad for scripting though.

these are just some tools I often use... I have a hole archive (like most ppl who like to keep their boxes secure) and I just go fetch and install whatever util I need.

You get greenies for this post from me. I know sharing info about this stuff can be dangerous (ppl can abuse it) but if we always just shut da ***** up about sh*t we never learn new things. and you didn't ask how to hack hotmail or anything lame. you asked and also shared... no negative antipoints deserved there. PEACE!
    zion1459
    Visit: http://www.cpc-net.org
    \"Software is like sex: it\'s better when it\'s free.\" -Linus Torvalds

thanks much appreciated.

I think most people use NMAP, but tools varies on the system or network you are trying to secure and what holes that the system/network has.

i use access drvier 4.78 to detect any security holes in my windows system

Banned
    I use a really good program for cleaning windows. its called regcleaner.

I have a craftsman 50 pc. all purpose metric ratchet set.
    Alternate realities celebrate reality. If you cant handle the reality your in, then you wont be able to handle the one your attempting to escape to.

Question WinXP compatible NMap

Is there a windows XP compatible version of NMap out yet? I couldn't find one at www.insecure.org, and all of my Google searches proved fruitless. Thanks in advance!

-v_squared_over_r-

Banned
    Well one of my PCs needs to be reformatted so my favorite "TOOL" looks like this