Guide to the Dangers of Broadband

Thread: Guide to the Dangers of Broadband

Guide to the Dangers of Broadband

I had this posted today but someone was not happy with it and sent me a nice PM with 50 neg pts. I was also told that I might not had followed copyright laws. I did not know so I called Symantec. I talked to a lady by the name of Francis Burge,( Copyright Staff for Symantec ) World Headquarters Symantec Corporation, 20330 Stevens Creek Blvd., Cupertino, CA 95014 Ph: 408-517-8000 Fax: 408-517-8121 I do have the right to post it. Thanks for your time and I hope you get lots of info. from this. The 2nd site is a list of security articles.

http://www.symantec.com/securitycheck/broadband.html

http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/security/Articles.html

Zuriel
    [gloworange]Zuriel- This Angel Lends Us The Power To Find Balance When We Desperately Need It[/gloworange]

The Iceman Cometh
    I never saw the previous post, but I'm assuming that someone hit you for cutting and pasting, right? All you really need to do is explain what the article/site is regarding, maybe posting a short quote, and then linking directly to the article/site. People have been hitting others with negatives non-stop whenever someone posts a full article which they didn't right, citing some copyrights laws. Just make sure that you only post relevant information, rather than the whole article, and make sure you cite the source, along with a link. That'll prevent you from getting hit with negs. Just my suggestion.

AJ

Thanks for the tip. As I did cut and paste but I made sure to put where I got it with the link. And I made it a note saying that I did not write any of it. After talking with the copyright staff at Symantec I found out the I can copy and paste the whole thing as long as it goes with the rules of the other site and I am not downing there site are anything about them. But as I see it was not right for this site so it has been changed. Thanks again

Zuriel
    [gloworange]Zuriel- This Angel Lends Us The Power To Find Balance When We Desperately Need It[/gloworange]

Didn't see your original post, but public information is public information and as long as you are properly referencing the source and you mention that it is a copy of the article, I don't see where you are violating any copyright material....As I said in a different thread:
    http://www.antionline.com/showthread...389#post545389

I usually follow the way avdven suggests (it is usually nice to get a summary and a link because there is less reading to get the general idea and if I am really interested, I can just follow the URL); however, in regards to the legality, this information is public. It is freely available on the web and links to it are posted everywhere. IMHO, pasting the article to a post is no different than any of the other security sites out there that provide the information/discussions and then link to Micro$oft or whatever other vendors having problems that day, so long as it is clearly marked to be a COPY of an original and the source is properly referenced (URL for example)...

Just a thought...

Neb
    Neb
    There is only one constant, one universal, it is the only real truth: causality. Action. Reaction. Cause and effect...There is no escape from it, we are forever slaves to it. Our only hope, our only peace is to understand it, to understand the 'why'. 'Why' is what separates us from them, you from me. 'Why' is the only real social power, without it you are powerless.

(Merovingian - Matrix Reloaded)

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    zuriel> all you have to do is sumarise and post a link. This is really important for the tutorial theads, but we are trying to get everyone to do this...

nebulus200> http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=231259
    With the rise of the DMCA, cut and paste is illegal. Unless it is explictly posted that the post/article/whatever is Public Domain, it is copyrighted. If you got a question, pm me.
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman