Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Custom Titles

Banned

Custom Titles

Mr. JP.

This is a suggestion. This suggestion concerns the Antionline forum. You seem to be in charce of this forum, so that's why I am adressing you.
    You know, Mr. JP, how it says under our titles something like 'Senior Member', or 'Moderator'? Some people (those who will say "Yes! I want custom titles") are in favour of custome titles... like instead of AntiOnline Senior Member, Souleman would be 'Beta-Tester', and s0nic could be whatever vampire name he wants...

Just a suggestion

Or possibly as well as? Isn't the point of the current titles to convey specific information, namely an approximation of posts made and status within the forum? For example Negative, I wouldn't know you were moderator unless it said as much. Although I suppose maybe it's not necessary to know, and then it does say how many posts each user has made beneath that. But still, the brain processes words better than numbers, it still does serve a purpose having those titles, they can affect how people are perceived. Or maybe those of a certain status could have custom titles...Personally I would love custom titles but at the same time I can see a point to the current titles, I like ranking and order!

XXX
    The Owls Are Not What They Seem

Hi mom!
    Nice idea! (Niet slecht voor 'ne Belg ) Maybe the people in some of the top 10's could get some extra title too.
    I wish to express my gratitude to the people of Italy. Thank you for inventing pizza.

Banned
    Lady HaxX0r
    Or possibly as well as? Isn't the point of the current titles to convey specific information, namely an approximation of posts made and status within the forum? For example Negative, I wouldn't know you were moderator unless it said as much. Although I suppose maybe it's not necessary to know, and then it does say how many posts each user has made beneath that. But still, the brain processes words better than numbers, it still does serve a purpose having those titles, they can affect how people are perceived. Or maybe those of a certain status could have custom titles...Personally I would love custom titles but at the same time I can see a point to the current titles, I like ranking and order!
    XXX
    Possibly as well, sure... Note that my 'custom title' only talks about 'Tutorials' and 'Cosmos' Moderator...If you go to Tutorials, GCC, or Cosmos though, you'll see at the top that I am listed as moderator for the three of them. I wouldn't mind changing them for one custom title though

GreekGoddess
    Here was another thread posted on a similar topic, mostly about posts directed to certain forums:

http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=231312

I like the idea...I don't see why you couldn't keep the current titles you already have, and just add your custom title underneath...and you have to be at a certain limit to use this feature...something to work toward, like all the benefits we are receiving now...

May be it would be better if only people with cetain AO status could chaing their title. Ex: Senior members/AO Addicts, certain amount of APs, posts, etc. Like another "Earned site benifit" or something. w00t

GreekGoddess
    Negative
    Tutorials Moderator
    Cosmos Moderator
    DEVIL'S ADVOCATE

hehehehe

Master Flamer!
    "Never give in-never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in to convictions of honor and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy!" - Winston Churchill

LMAO, ey how did i get in here?? lmao but yeah i wanna get my tittle..
    and i wanna use thesame tittle i have in St Louis After Dark forums.

Sound's good, just make sure you set the level needed to get a custom titel low enugh for me to get it in my life time

- Noia
    With all the subtlety of an artillery barrage / Follow blindly, for the true path is sketchy at best. .:Bring OS X to x86!:.
    Og ingen kan minnast dei linne drag i dronningas andlet den fagre dag Då landet her kvilte i heilag fred og alle hadde kjærleik å elske med.