Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Custom Titles

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    May be it would be better if only people with cetain AO status could chaing their title. Ex: Senior members/AO Addicts, certain amount of APs, posts, etc. Like another "Earned site benifit" or something. w00t
    That was my idea RA. Actually, I thought Neg was going to post something about that, as we had discussed this in IRC a couple different times. Say anyone with over 1000 posts or 1500 AP's, or some combination of the two. Especially since I have been a "senior member" for about 1000 posts... I am pretty sure that anyone on here that sees RA, Negs, Guss, s0nIc, Terr, KorpDeath, acIdSpectrum, me, etc knows that we are senior members...
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

Soule, that's a good idea, but again, you would have to be weary of doing it by post count. You may have noticed the number of people who are 'addicts' but have been at AO for only a short while.

You want to specifically reward people who contribute, not just those who post a lot. Realistically, there are a few of our newer Addicts who don't contribute a lot, and/or write a lot of garbage simply to get into the Addicts forum.

Perhaps developing a system like APs, but only able to be handed out by certain people with lots of APs themselves, at one point per hand-out. Having a certain number of these positive or negative superpoints would give you access to certain functions, that kind of thing.
    Chris Shepherd
    The Nelson-Shepherd cutoff: The point at which you realise someone is an idiot while trying to help them.
    \"Well as far as the spelling, I speak fluently both your native languages. Do you even can try spell mine ?\" -- Failed Insult
    Is your whole family retarded, or did they just catch it from you?

Banned
    eh, what would that have to do with you experience or time with AO. or are you talking about a whole different title? eh?

FakeBoy
    1st Degree Geek

I like the idea of custom titles, particulary if it is some type of reward for having X amount of antipoints or number of posts or perhaps even based on how long you have been an AO member. I don't know what I'd choose for my title though even if I was allowed one.
    Paul Waring - Web site design and development.

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    chsh> good point. Thats why I mentioned a combination of the two. Say you have to have 500 posts and 11 green dots..or something along those lines... Or maybe be on at least 2 of the top10 lists that are posted on the main page.... something along those lines..
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

Kwiep
    Waarom niet iets in je eigen taal?
    Double Dutch

But on the other hand, it could just be an eyecandy item which serves to destabilize the whole system! Oops, I'm talking about some MS program again...

I dunno. If there aren't custom titles, I'm fine with it. If there are, I'll just have to deal with seeing items like

Negative
    The supreme Belg-man shiznit

etc. I'll do ye olde waite-and-see.
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

Originally posted here by souleman
    chsh> good point. Thats why I mentioned a combination of the two. Say you have to have 500 posts and 11 green dots..or something along those lines... Or maybe be on at least 2 of the top10 lists that are posted on the main page.... something along those lines..
    Yeah, I hear you. That means I'll never get access to it because I'm too controversial to get 11 green dots.

A good idea at any rate.

Originally posted here by Terr
    I dunno. If there aren't custom titles, I'm fine with it. If there are, I'll just have to deal with seeing items like

Negative
    The supreme Belg-man shiznit

etc. I'll do ye olde waite-and-see.
    No no no! Terr, it would be:
    Negative
    Tutorials Moderator
    Cosmos Moderator
    The Belgianer

@ Neg.

(Sorry, this is kind of an inside joke)
    Chris Shepherd
    The Nelson-Shepherd cutoff: The point at which you realise someone is an idiot while trying to help them.
    \"Well as far as the spelling, I speak fluently both your native languages. Do you even can try spell mine ?\" -- Failed Insult
    Is your whole family retarded, or did they just catch it from you?

The only possible problem i could think of with this is the extra work to moderate the custom titles.

Banned
    i think also it has to be accepted by the general public ie if its used to describe you alot ie suggestion whore for me
    or
    master flamer for negative
    etc
    etc
    just so we dont get all the little people changing it and we have nfi what it means
    just my $1.67c
    rioter