ok heres how i pissed those 50 ppl off

Thread: ok heres how i pissed those 50 ppl off

AntiOnline Newbie

ok heres how i pissed those 50 ppl off

ive been going in a chatroom for about 4 years now. the chatroom has no commands besides /me and /join and they cant ban or ignore ppl. so anyway ive spammed them all for years and years. i can do fullscreen spam so whenever someone says a long sentence i just spam it away. that combined with many insults has made them angry, although they wont admit that they ar angry. ohyes and now they got my ip, which used to be dynamic till i got a new modem a few days ago. the manual of the modem says it still has a dynamic ip, but when i do winipcfg it says the same ip everytime i log on again. its cablemodem and it automaticly connects to the internet as soon as the comp goes on. no password anymore, i think its built in the modem or something. anyone know why the ip isnt dynamic anymore? its supposed to be

thank all u ppl for the advice in the earlier thread
    Share on Google+

Banned
    They may be using DHCP and simply leasing the same IP to you, time and again. Having a dynamic IP doesn't have anything to do with your modem. Is your chatroom on IRC? Cause if it is, pm me and I'll help you out with anonymity issues.
    Share on Google+

AntiOnline Newbie
    no its not on IRC. its on a computer game. they got my IP cuz i joined a game after getting a faster modem. so if my isp is leasing the same IP to me, can i change it in some way?

ive reconnected my old modem which still has a dynamic IP, but il have to return it to the isp in a few days, so after that il have the ip those pissed off ppl have
    Share on Google+

So "dynamic" addresses are just that your machine makes a request with a given name and they hand you back an assigned IP address... I've seen a couple like this fiarly recently. Besides, the way the DHCP works it's designed such that the machine is always supposed to request the same address, if it can, and the server tries to reassign the same dynamic addresses to a particular client, if it's available.
    \"Windows has detected that a gnat has farted in the general vicinity. You must reboot for changes to take affect. Reboot now?\"
    Share on Google+

have you tried to manually release and then renew the ip address to see if you get a different ip?
    Share on Google+

AntiOnline Newbie
    yes i did the release thing and renew and it came up with same ip
    Share on Google+

How about release, reboot, renew? That may give you enough time to get a new IP.
    Share on Google+

It will come up with the same IP, 9 times out of 10. You need to disconnect it entirely from the internet (unplug it) for a good day or two. This allows the DHCP server time to notice your lease isnt requesting renewal, and it will dole it out to someone else.
    Now on the other hand, let me let you in on a little secret. After reading your other post, and this one, I come to the conclusion that you bring a lot of your "problems" on yourself.
    Even though you might get away by changing your IP address, if they got your MAC, you're toast. And if they bothered to write down the IP address (HOW much of a pain in the ass were you??) then some poor bastard that gets YOUR old IP address is gonna get DoSed off the net for no reason.
    My final advice -- sell that cable modem and maybe your computer too, and take the cash to buy a life.

Avenger_jcc
    Remember -
    The ark was built by amatures...
    The Titanic was built by professionals.
    Share on Google+