Packer Sniffer ?

Thread: Packer Sniffer ?

Packer Sniffer ?

hi
    Is there a packet sniffer besides Commview that will work with windows2000 and a dialup modem connection

Thanks
    MMU

Banned
    have you looked at www.ntsecurity.nu? I know he used to have some nifty tools. Can't say for sure if he still has them? Also, I would be more specific to why you need one. No one will help you if this is for non legit reasons.

yes...check out ethereal...

http://www.ethereal.com

Just remember use it for the right things, and no...sniffing for passwords is not the right thing.

you'll only be able to listen to your local traffic (your not going to be able to sniff the external interface)

J.
    [glowpurple]manually editing your config files can break them. If this happens, you get to keep both pieces. [/glowpurple]

hi
    thanks for the reply's ....I want to monitor traffic in and out of my own box ,that's all

cheers
    MMU

str34m3r
    Why not write one that does exactly what you want it to do? There's a great tutorial at the tcpdump website on how to use the pcap library to write your own sniffer. It would help you learn a little more about network traffic and you end up with your own customized packet sniffer when you're finished.

Banned
    snort!

www.snort.org