Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: telnet

telnet

Ihi, I'm trying to figure out things about telnet. I used it to connect to my own computer host and then in the telnet box it says Server Name: What des it mean by that and what can it do?? help for newbie please!

AntiOnline Senior Medicine Man
    Uhmm...your trying to figure out THINGS huh? You can connect to you own computer host huh? I was not aware that was possible. What? you just type in localhost in the connect menu or what? Lemme try hold on......hmmm what port do you have in the menu? If it says just TELNET then you MUST have the TELNET daemon/service running on your machine. You should be more clear on what exaclty your doing, and what you want help with.
    It is better to be HATED for who you are, than LOVED for who you are NOT.

THC/IP Version 4.2

Have you searched for any telnet tutorials? Either search on google.com or here using the search from in the upper right corner on the main page.

When you connect you say it Prompts you for Server Name? Its possible you could have a telnet proxy running on your computer. For future reference, it helps to include technical info like OS, and Software when posting questions of this nature.

Also, be warned, you stand a very likely chance of getting flamed because of your name.
    You're not your post count, You're not your avatar or sig, You're not how fast your internet connection is, You are not your processor, hard drive, or graphics card. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of AO
    09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

ok I'm connecting to my host ( do you need my host name? not connecting to localhost) My port I'm connecting to is Telnet, and the term type is: vt100. oh and Syini666 what do you mean by me getting flamed? caught? for what?

AcidBurn2 > flamed means verbally bashed, and in this case for your name. A lot of people dont much care for handles taken from "Hackers"
    You're not your post count, You're not your avatar or sig, You're not how fast your internet connection is, You are not your processor, hard drive, or graphics card. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of AO
    09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

ohhh....I got my handle from the movie Hackers as you prob. know. I put AcidBurntwo as my AOL sn. I just though it was cool. but I guess your right. I'll change it sometime, but not now cause thiis my 4th handle for aol.

have u read any tutorials at all earlyier u were asking how to get past level 2 on try2hack just a thought search the tutorial form here at AO there r a lot of good tutorials there written by members of the AO community
    By the sacred **** of the sacred psychedelic tibetan yeti ....We\'ll smoke the chinese out
    The 20th century pharoes have the slaves demanding work
    http://muaythaiscotland.com/

okay don't have a cow.

AntiOnline Senior Medicine Man
    Hmmm.... sounds like your not loggining into your own PC here. Your PC does not have the TELNETD running. Be Honest, your trying to hack hotmail arent you? Lol.
    It is better to be HATED for who you are, than LOVED for who you are NOT.

THC/IP Version 4.2

It's a joke?