Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Asking smart questions

I'll add a table of contents in the next update, there is a summary already explaining what the article is about, but I'll try and improve it for the next edition!

I agree with ZeroOne and Neel in that it is difficult to get people to read topics such as this, although hopefully if it were more prominently placed more newbies would see it - and at least they'd have no excuse for not reading it either, at the moment it's unlikey that they'll even know that the tutorial exists.

Once again, thanks for all the kind comments, it makes updating this tutorial and writing others so much easier if people appear to appreciate what you're doing.
    Paul Waring - Web site design and development.

I am a newbie and reading that has made me think about what should be asked and not asked, and when questions should be asked. Many people as you say are to lazy to search the world wide web for an answer, but some times a quick fix is needed and this is the place to come. Hopefully one day when i have learnt enough i will be able to pass on my knowledge.

Anyway great tutorial.

cheers robbie99

Though I just became a member I agree with most everything you have to say. I do however believe there is no such thing as a stupid question. The only stupid question is the one not asked. Some people are just simply not as smart as other folks , so they my be slower on picking things up. The website has lots of useful information, of which Im still researching. perhaps someone may think about posting those faq's to new members about this. maybe like a welcome aboard kinda thing. Of course there are still going to be those folks that are to lazy to do a little research. Then there are those questions which will come from us newbies simply because were not sure how to direct the question because we simply have no clllue as to what were looking for or where to find an answer. Not neccessarily for someone to give us the answer but perhaps a general direction to look. that way we get help and we help ourselves at the same time. Anyhow just a tidbit from a guy whos simply trying to learn. At any rate ths was a very informative piece thank you for hte info.

Im a newb so i just stick to the newbie forums...works for me

Thumbs up

Hey, that's a great tutorial. Thanks. I only wish I had seen it BEFORE them people got mad at me. ..Just Kidding..Keep up the good work

The latest version of the tutorial can now be found at:
    http://pwaring.f2o.org/rixort/tutori...-questions.php

The other links won't work any more, since I've moved my site to a new host!

Whoa man, I'm glad you took the time to make that. It proves how important that aspect of threading and posting is!
    [pong][blur]Victory to Success[/blur][/pong]is only half won through the[pong][blur]Habit of Hard Work...[/blur][/pong]
    -Jagfire19

That was a great tutorial. It will make me think twice before I post anything else. As a newbie I have so many questions but I have learned looking the answers up myself is more rewarding because I will appreciate the knowledge more.

Thanks for taking the time to write this.
    -newbie-

Originally posted here by YoungBuck
    Thanks for taking the time to write this.
    No problem, I'm glad you like it!