Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zonealarm

Zonealarm

I use AOL and wanna use ZA with it but when eva I set up ZA it never lets me view webpages. Can I set it up to use with AOL or shall I use another firewall?

Banned
    I was never fond of ZoneAlarm myself. The two I used were Tiny Personal Firewall & McAfee Firewall v.3.0

no dont change your firewalll....its fine...

its your isp...why are you on a o hell...

are u sure your letting IE or your browser acsess the internet ? and you are better off using agnitum outpost personal firewall u can get it here if u r interestet http://www.agnitum.com
    By the sacred **** of the sacred psychedelic tibetan yeti ....We\'ll smoke the chinese out
    The 20th century pharoes have the slaves demanding work
    http://muaythaiscotland.com/

Lol yeah AOhell, I only use it 'coz there's no cut off time unlike BT, Freeserver etc.

I too would suggest another ISP AOL isnt the best for security. Look for ISPs with long cut off times (usually business ISPs) The one i use has a 4 hour cut off period plenty enough!! I also run my server off it. I only pay £1 more than people on BT so ive got a good deal !!

personally i use blueyonder cable internet, its amazing, i have my pc on 24/7 and i only go down when my dns server screws up (i hate my areas dns server -- its really really dodgy)

--- and even that is only like 3hours in 5months

Its not aol its the firewall. I had the same problems with zone alarm. I could display pages threw the aol client and not regular IE. I disabled zone alarm and problem was gone. I decided to try sygate and with that it would not even let me connect [ everything was configured properly in bolth cases] So i ditched that and got outpost and I am happy with it.. No troubles at all
    Violence breeds violence
    we need a world court
    not a republican with his hands covered in oil and military hardware lecturing us on world security!

I don't personally like ZoneAlarm because it stays in Windows memory even when it is uninstalled (still protecting ports). For some people this is a good thing, but for others (like me) it is a bad thing because me internet connection didn't interact with ZoneAlarm so I uninstalled it. I couldn't figure out why my internet wouldn't connect even with it uninstalled until I called my ISP.

It's most likely that you don't have IE in your programs list in zone alarm. Either that or you have it there and it's not configured properly. I recently had it installed on my system (XP pro) and I found that it left port 139 wide open. So now I have sygate personal firewall, and it works fine. I'm thinking on installing WinRoute for a firewall and connection sharing; anyone use winroute as a firewall??
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    \"First you get the sugar, then you get the power, then you get the women\"
    ----------------------------------------------------------------