Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how stupid can you get?

how stupid can you get?

none of my family/friends find this funny so i came to you guys. i work for a university, and one of the students decided it would be a great idea to hack into one of the 20,000 machines on our network. thing is, he did it from a dialup, which we traced to the same state. so we were looking through audit, and found that in between sending files and 31i73 h4x0r1n9 he was checking his university email (so he had to use his real name and ss#), about every 15 minutes.

lol oops maybe it will teach him a lesson

lol That is pretty funny.
    -N
    "Serenity is not the absence of conflict, but the ability to cope with it."

TechieChick
    HAH!

That is funny..but just proves what I have always said, the average crimnal is pretty low on the food chain.

ROFLMFAO

Ive seen funier though!!!

A professor at my college was having trouble printing. Durin my work experience in the tech support dept. The technician i was with asked them "can the computer see the printer" They then proceeded to turn the monitor to face the printer and said "It still isnt working" Had we not gone up to check the problem then we wouldnt have known this :P

redgore, that reminds me of an old terminal app used in hotel reservations that required a login prompt initialization of 'hello'. a new employee continued to report problems logging in until someone helped her. the dialog went something like this:

Mrs. X: I can't seem to get logged in.
    Tech Supp: Well Mrs X., you haven't told it hello, yet.
    Mrs. X: Oh...(peers at computer and hesitantly, as though cautious about the response, says) hello?

then again, this was the same lady who was rubbing her mouse on the monitor for the first week or so because she thought it needed direct contact.
    -droby10

Originally posted here by redgore
    ROFLMFAO

Ive seen funier though!!!

A professor at my college was having trouble printing. Durin my work experience in the tech support dept. The technician i was with asked them "can the computer see the printer" They then proceeded to turn the monitor to face the printer and said "It still isnt working" Had we not gone up to check the problem then we wouldnt have known this :P

lmao this is a classic!!!

It's easy to be 'dumb" when you first learn how to use a computer.The dumbest thing I ever did was ask in a chat how to clean up junk files.I was advised to go to start-up and remove the checks from ALL programs listed there.Which I did !Needless to say I ended up paying a local p/c guru a nice fat fee to undo my booboo.And the online tech help finally put me on permant ignore ,since I contacted them more than I read Email !Which It took me 50 calls to the toll free number to learn what Email was!

Hahaha, that is SO classic.

(YEAY, this is my 300th post)

- Noia
    With all the subtlety of an artillery barrage / Follow blindly, for the true path is sketchy at best. .:Bring OS X to x86!:.
    Og ingen kan minnast dei linne drag i dronningas andlet den fagre dag Då landet her kvilte i heilag fred og alle hadde kjærleik å elske med.

Thats a riot