Thread: dealing with a lamer

dealing with a lamer

it happens so often that a lamer or a script kiddie comes on this site and posts about sub7 or asks how to use it or how to hack. and they think, i will ask a bunch of security people how to hack. and the result is many people just yell at them and flame them. but wouldnt it work better and also less stress for you if you just didnt reply at all?? they would get the hint, maybe read some past posts and go on their way. shouldnt this be the appropriate way to deal with lamers/kiddies?

---------------------------------------------------

if you want to post about sub7 goto http://www.blackcode.com
    but dont do it here
    ---------------------------------------------------

Hmmm....Good point. But we need to let them know they aren't going to get anything from us, and they shouldn't be a script kiddie/lamer. Still, very interesting.
    /me picks up crowbar....This is how I like to deal with the script kiddies/lamers....hehe :P

Thanks for you time~
    [gloworange]Die, or surrender, either way won\'t work.[/gloworange]
    [shadow]HuntX7[/shadow]

Very good idea and it would take up less web space. but i thank they should still get negs for even trying to get an answer.

Zuriel
    [gloworange]Zuriel- This Angel Lends Us The Power To Find Balance When We Desperately Need It[/gloworange]

Yes, negatives and one post that tells them not to ask again, and we don't support that and not to be a script kiddie/lammer.

Thanks for your time~
    [gloworange]Die, or surrender, either way won\'t work.[/gloworange]
    [shadow]HuntX7[/shadow]

how about a simple quiz to register. something thats not hard but will take a little effort. most script kiddies wont want to do it, and it will mean only serious people who want to learn/discuss will get involved.

Yeah...kiddies don't need replies...just negs and a good swift smack from the nearest LART.

/* You are not expected to understand this. */

how hard would this quiz be? what about the complete newbie who just wants to learn??

drew_1791 > for complete newbies, point them to a host of tutorials. If they can read, undstand and use them to pass the quiz, then that proves they are willing and able to learn.
    You're not your post count, You're not your avatar or sig, You're not how fast your internet connection is, You are not your processor, hard drive, or graphics card. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of AO
    09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0