Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: PC Virus, is it a living thing?

Banned

Question PC Virus, is it a living thing?

I know most people will say no to this topic, but hear me out...

Single cell molecules are living right?
    Their only purpose is to eat (small "stuff"), and reproduce.....

Isn't that the same thing a PC Virii does?
    It eats away at our sensitive data and reproduces itself onto other data....

Viruses infect people's (and animals) bodies, mutating them....
    Well so does pc viriis. They infect a file or proggy and change settings and so...

Viruses are threated with medication...
    PC Virii are threated with antiviruses....

Viruses can permanetaly affect someone (ie: chicken pocks)...
    PC Viruses can permanetaly damage hardware....

So, would a PC Virii not fall into some sort of Living Categorie?

The same category as the living bra.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Computer virii don't really eat in any real sense, nor do they occupy physical space. But I suppose you could make an argument for them.
    Elen alcarin ar gwath halla ná engwar.

the concept of a computer program was given form by a lecturer in the Usa (forgive me i forget his name) that a program would copy (reproduce or spread) into the other files on the system (infection) and when the virus hits a certain stage on the system (say 10000 cycles) a payload would (may not though) be activated.

Its only the pure similaritys of actual biological viruses and Malicious code, that they were dubbed the same.

one difference is if u get the encrypting virus AIDS, you can cure it easily only the biological counterpart cannot be cured.

i recomend u looking for the Ebook "little balck book of computer viruses" my mark ludwig, he gives quite allot of information from the concepts of VX to payloads and other ASM funtions..

preep
    http://www.attrition.org/gallery/computing/forum/tn/youarenot.gif.html

Next thing you know people are going to start claiming that there sims are alive.
    Its not software piracy. I’m just making multiple off site backups.

After a week of reparing computers, mainly removing virii, I found myself in bed with a "Virus", the doc could only laugh at the ironic situation.. poly morphic, mass mailer, trojan, dropper, worm.. "nah" he said "poly-trans-dermal, cost ya double to remove this than to remove Klez,h from mine he he he, no one will be touching your hard drive fro a week har har har", bastard!

to answer the Question.. No.. see preeps reply.. now you could get philosophical and prove "They think therfore they are".. and if you do then please prove Black=White and cross a few Zebra crossings..k

Cheers
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr

interesting theary
    By the sacred **** of the sacred psychedelic tibetan yeti ....We\'ll smoke the chinese out
    The 20th century pharoes have the slaves demanding work
    http://muaythaiscotland.com/

Re: PC Virus, is it a living thing?

So, would a PC Virii not fall into some sort of Living Categorie? [/B][/QUOTE]

Cut the power from the pc and it doesn t live anymore.
    Start your pc up and it lives.............wow a wonder!lol

So its not a life-form
    i m gone,thx everyone for so much fun and good info.
    cheers and good bye

A computer virus is very similar to a biologic virus in many ways. When it comes to eating neither a biologic or software virus does that, and their way of reproduction comparable. A biologic virus however is not alive, it is simply set of chemicals that reproduce by hijacking living cells. If a biologic virus is not alive then a computer virus is not.

There are however no definition of what is life and what is not.

There are more to read about this subject in http://www.ibiblio.org/jstrout/uploading/philolife.html

i never once said they are alive, they simply follow the instructions, the programmer has gave it, AI dosnt invole Malware yet.

preep
    http://www.attrition.org/gallery/computing/forum/tn/youarenot.gif.html