Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Free Anti-Virus software...do you get what you pay for?

pay, what do u mean pay

free

paying for software is a new consept for me.

everything is free if you know how.

i have used avg and free - av both . i liked free av for fact that it gets updated more quickly than avg (what i mean is avg gets updated weekly whereas free-av in 4-5 days and someitmes that can matter)

Old Fart
    hey dev_ocean...AVG can be configured to check for updates daily...it's not locked in to weekly updates....just a friendly FYI
    Al
    It isn't paranoia when you KNOW they're out to get you...

I dint like AVG just wasnt my hting i liek norten i got it on sale for like 20$ so...
    [shadow]I Have Not Failed I Have Just Fond 10,000 Ways It Will Not Work[/shadow][

I have heard people rave about AVG, I havent personally tried it but I do recommend it to people when they ask about free AntiVirus software. I have PC-Cillian 2002 which seems to doing a pretty good job at the moment. One day I might just look into AVG and see how it compares to the others.
    You\'re only jealous coz the voices talk to me and not you!!!!

pc cillian good

i thought pc cillin was good as well.although i dont use it my self you cant go far wrong with it,
    i think its best feature is its email scanner and virus submision.however the firewall kinda sucks.
    [gloworange]The Enemy Is Ignorance[/gloworange]

http://www.antionline.com/sig.php?id=194