M$ at LinuxWorld Expo
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: M$ at LinuxWorld Expo

M$ at LinuxWorld Expo

Microsoft are not only going to the linuxworld expo but are having a booth there??
    take a look at http://news.zdnet.co.uk/story/0,,t269-s2118551,00.html Just their normal spying taken too far??

You decide

Banned
    Spies usually don't reveal their plans.

Seeing as Linux is open-source, you don't really have to be James Bond to learn its secrets

Originally posted here by jethro
    Seeing as Linux is open-source, you don't really have to be James Bond to learn its secrets

LOL, I agree

but seeing microsoft having so much interest for the opensource model is kinda scarry..

Originally posted here
    However, Miller said that Microsoft would not loosen control over the underlying source code of its software, which he said introduces "perpetual unpredictability". The open-source licences that govern Linux and other Free Software require that developers are free to modify and redistribute the source code, as long as the modified versions are themselves open-source.
    Especialy since their interest doesn't seem to be legitimate ! !
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !

Banned
    They shouldn't be allowed to rent a booth there, were I the co-ordinator of the expo, I wouldn't let them rent a booth. They don't belong there and they certainly don't deserve it. Its a shame space is going to be wasted by a company who isn't going to contribute anything positive to the expo.

Originally posted here by melikesredhat
    They shouldn't be allowed to rent a booth there, were I the co-ordinator of the expo, I wouldn't let them rent a booth.

A good idea, but sadly, money talks....

Originally posted here by melikesredhat
    They shouldn't be allowed to rent a booth there, were I the co-ordinator of the expo, I wouldn't let them rent a booth. They don't belong there and they certainly don't deserve it. Its a shame space is going to be wasted by a company who isn't going to contribute anything positive to the expo.
    I for one wouldn't want to mess with a company with practically unlimited resources. But seeing as it's a Linux expo, they just shouldn't be allowed, simply because they don't have, or even cater for, any Linux distros...

Spies usually don't reveal their plans.
    He never said they were good spies

I'm not sure what the hell Microslut hopes to accomplish. Maybe they'll put up a big banner that says "open source is evil".

http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/4/26039.html

<sarcasm>microsoft really does have a legitament reason to be there, they are comming out with a flavor of linux http://www.mslinux.org/ </sarcasm> and some stupid linux redneck is probly going to make the hole linux comunity look bad because of his/her antiwindows prejudice, I can see it comming and there's nothing that can really be done to stop it. <sigh>
    Alternate realities celebrate reality. If you cant handle the reality your in, then you wont be able to handle the one your attempting to escape to.

str34m3r
    That's a hilarious website. I've never seen that before. Did you read all of that? Too funny.

Microsoft Invades Cuba???
    LOL