Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: So called 'Deep Linking' Illegal??

it IS perfectally legal to link and deep link to other peoples/companies websites, because html allows you to. if it was illegal 'they' probably would have done something to prevent it.
    A court in Copenhagen, Denmark, is set to rule Friday in a case that pits the Danish Newspaper Publishers' Association against Newsbooster, an online news aggregator...
    newsbooster were deeplinking to news sites, and they weren't claiming it was their own material. but what they are doing that should be (is?) illegal is scooping articles off different news sites all over the web, and charging their customers for this 'refined' list of the 'best' news. in other words, they were doing feck all work, and charging people for a service.
    Hmm...theres something a little peculiar here. Oh i see what it is! the sentence is talking about itself! do you see that? what do you mean? sentences can\'t talk! No, but they REFER to things, and this one refers directly-unambigeously-unmistakably-to the very sentence which it is!

Smile

I wouldn't think that deep-linking is illegal. Where deep-linking has been banned, I suspect that there is another factor involved The old standby "confusion" might be used to support the anti-linker.

In that case, my ass is gonna be sued for millions...

I love when people link to me (as rare as it is). It's like telling people "go shop at that guy's shop and buy something expensive"

Oh, I hope if this becomes a bill that whichever moron Congressman who attempted to propose this as law is laughed off Capitol Hill.

Something that can be reasonably addressed with proper web-design does NOT need to become law.

Just shoot them. Pleaseohpleaseohplease?
    /* You are not expected to understand this. */