I've been reading several texts on the more advanced uses of PHP and object-oriented (O-O) programming, and I'm intrigued. I have never attempted object-oriented programming (I'm mostly a PERL scripter and a procedural PHP programmer, but the O-O style is fascinating and I wanted to attempt a project that used it for my first foray into the style. I would like to create a web-forum for my own website from scratch, and I'm wondering if O-O would be a cleaner way to go for the overall design (rather than a CSS or PHP procedural-style approach)? Basically, I'm thinking that each posting would be an object with several similar attributes (using AO as an example, each post is made up of an avatar, posting, navigation/editing buttons, etc.) and their own methods (again, using AO, each post can be edited, deleted, quoted, duplicated, etc.). This may sound ridiculous to any experienced O-O programmers out there, but I'm still trying to find a really good use of O-O on the web, and a web-forum was the best I could come up with. Thoughts?